Original paint colors for a 1968 chevelle? - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

Old Mar 13th, 02, 11:32 AM

Hi Everyone I am new to this list,
I was wondering if someone could answer a couple of questions about where i can find the original paint codes for 1967 and 1968 chevelles. Here's the deal I own a 1968 chevelle Malibu convertible that is not an original color and am considering repainting the car. but here is my problem a couple of years ago i redid the dashboard in a color from metro paints called bright Blue. I would like to paint the car to match but am unable to find bright blue listed as a 1968 color. I do see bright Blue mentioned in 1967
does any one know if bright blue was ever used on a 1968 Chevelle?

------------------
Chuck Bravo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 02, 11:50 AM
Senior Tech Team

Go to the home page and look on the list for Paint Codes. For the year 1969 they show a Bright Blue Met. Hope that helps if you want go to a paint shop and get a pint mixed. I you sweet talk the guys try to get a base coat clear coat mix and test spray on an old panel. This will give a better idea of the color than chips.
Old Mar 13th, 02, 11:17 PM
Tech Team
Jerry

Dave is right. Check out the 69 colors
Bright blue metalic is listed as a '69 Chevrolet passenger car color. Lemans blue is a Corvette color. Are they the same? Different code though.
To check out other info on specific years click the Team Chevelle link at the bottom of this page, then look for the list of years down on the left column.
I tried to chose a color for my 68 to resemble Lemans blue. I chose a late model Chevy color called Bahama Blue Metalic. Kinda close I think. Click on my sig. link the see pix.

------------------
SS396
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > General Tech Area > Body Shop      Current Topic: Original paint colors for a 1968 chevelle?
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.