Super Victor and Motown claims and questions - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Performance Our High Performance area

Old Jul 20th, 06, 8:12 PM
Tech Team

Default Super Victor and Motown claims and questions

Ive heard and read some claims from different websites, boards, and people that the Super Victor is good for a lot of power over the vic jr and basically every other conventional single plain out there. I think the "20hp/20tq throughout the entire rpm range" has been a common number. This comes from guys that run dyno's, as well as the "seat of the pants feel" guys. The response allways seems to be the same, anywhere between radical street 350 to big inch small blocks. SO does anyone have any hard evidence? Any numbers? Any expierence? Im concideering an intake swap for the hell of it to see if my Old Team G is really that bad and im wondering if all the buzz is true.

Also anyone have any news or dyno runs with the Motown? Its been out for 2 years now and i STILL havent seen a damn thing on it except world's big claims
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 20th, 06, 8:39 PM
Senior Tech Team

Default Re: Super Victor and Motown claims and questions

An intake to consider especially for the $ value is the Hurricane. Trust me on that. I have run a GM Chevy Bowtie intake, and the Hurricane is as nice a piece IMO. If you want to see one give me a shout and you can stop by sometime...
Old Jul 20th, 06, 9:05 PM
Team Member
Nick

On my 540 cubic inch motor, 335 AFR heads, I got 27 more HP with the Super Victor CNC Intake. We compared 3 intakes. All single plane. Dart and Brodix were the others. All had one inch open spacers on top. The Super Victor costed $300 more than the others but worth it ot me. One little side note, it was purchased about two years ago when Edelbrock and Wilson manifolds were working together cause it has a Wilson Manifolds logo cast into the side below where the carb mounts. I believe the Edelbrock part# is 2927. A friend of mine is building a near copy of my motor is using the same intake but his has a Rherer-Morrison logo cast on his.
Old Jul 21st, 06, 10:27 AM
Senior Tech Team
Shawn

the small block that was in my car picked up when i swapped from the Super victor is was broken in with to a Dart Wilson Dominator intake. The Super Victor i purchased was much cheaper than the Dart Wilson. I believe teh number was 2927.

Shawn
4l80e Pro Edge 4000 lockup EZ-TCU
Strauby HyD roller ( 6.76@103 w/3.55 gears )
( SR 6.50@107/8.51-1000ft/10.18@131.57/1.46-60ft)
P275/60R15 Hoosier DOT radials 3760lbs
Old Jul 21st, 06, 10:41 AM
Gold Founding Member
"Wild Bill"

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70SS540
On my 540 cubic inch motor, 335 AFR heads, I got 27 more HP with the Super Victor CNC Intake.
The Edelbrock Super Victor # 2927 is the intake Tony Momo recommendeds for those heads in that application.

Team Chevelle #613
ACES #3920
CAMI (Ireland) #14
CanAm Chevelles #136
Carolina Chevelles #185
Heart Of Dixie #231
Long Island Chevelles #113
Old Jul 21st, 06, 1:29 PM
Tech Team
joe

my team g has been off my small block for over a year now and just sitting on the work bench taking up space . ill never run one again . if your looking for an extra one i will let mine go cheap say 50 bucks . the eddie just runs and feels so much stronger than the team g ever did .
Old Jul 22nd, 06, 2:25 AM
Senior Tech Team

I think you'll find that on a 540" motor the regular Victor will work better but as the engines get bigger the Super Victor will come out on top. We have never run the Motown manifold but had a Dart and regular Victor on both a 481" and the 540" with both performing similarly after being ported by a local guy. My son ran a friend who had a Super Victor on a 555" in a car which weighed the same and my son's 540 beat him on two different occasions even though his car had fourty more RWHP. So RWHP doesn't always tell you the whole story. The 598" is a completely different animal and would blow either of the smaller motors in the weeds with way less rear end gear. Any of these manifolds will improve with some porting and the CNC Super Victor is the one that performs so well because it already has the porting before you buy it, hence the extra $300 price tag.
Old Jul 22nd, 06, 11:13 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jason

FWIW....

I initially ran a home ported (fully) 7532 Team G on my old 10.31:1 383 SBC with AFR heads, roller cam, etc. and then later swapped to an out of the box 2925 Super Victor. I used an HVH Super Sucker spacer on both.

There was an unmeasurable difference in ET (unless you think you can accurately guage down to the .01)

That being said, I think the Super Victor design is superior and with equivalent port work would have outperformed the Team G. How much I don't know.

The car ran a best of 7.37@~94 MPH weighing 3610 lbs. The 60' times were only 1.60s due to a converter that was 1000 to 1300 RPM too tight.
Just my .02.
3555 lbs
1.40 - 60', 6.18 @ 116.7 MPH - 1/8th
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > General Tech Area > Performance      Current Topic: Super Victor and Motown claims and questions
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.