66 Quarter Window Installation - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

Old Jun 21st, 06, 9:02 AM
Tech Team

Question 66 Quarter Window Installation

Does anyone have any tips [or can you point me toward where I could find info] on installing the rear quarter windows in a 66 chevelle coupe? I am starting re-assembly and heard this can be a bear to do so I wanna arm myself before I begin.
Thanks in Advance
Joel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1319f.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	2980  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 21st, 06, 1:59 PM
Tech Team

Default Re: 66 Quarter Window Installation

Would recommend the Fisher body manual & the 66 Chassis-Service Manual. Good expenations that I used to remove/install my rear quarter windows this winter.
Old Jun 22nd, 06, 8:50 AM
Senior Tech Team
Roger

Default Re: 66 Quarter Window Installation

Clean and lube the large channel and install. Hopefully you didn't mess with the adjustment screws much because you want to leave them where they were when the factory worker adjusted them. Channel is in, now drop the glass in and get those rollers (which are all in perfect shape right?) in the channels. I slip the window regulator in next and get it's roller on the right track. Finally, engage and install the rear track. Tighten the regulator, then the tracks putting the nuts in the same spot as before. There is usually a little indention where they originally were. You see that you have to hold the screw with a screw driver and tighten the nut with a wrench or you'll screw up your adjusting screws posisitions. Now give it a try. Hopefully it fits. If not it is a bugger to figure out. As mentioned before, a manual helps allot. If you don't have one start trying to adjust it yourself or find someone smarter than yourself 8^).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > General Tech Area > Body Shop      Current Topic: 66 Quarter Window Installation
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.