Meaning of the Fuzzy Dice - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

Old Oct 18th, 05, 6:53 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Default Meaning of the Fuzzy Dice

What exactly is the meaning of the fuzzy dice? I am sure it used to hold a meaning to it? I think that was one of the first things I bought for my Chevelle back in 02.. I wasn't sure why I did it, I just thought a fuzzy dice hanging from my rear view mirror is old school... for some reason...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 18th, 05, 6:55 PM
Senior Tech Team
Daniel

Default Re: Meaning of the Fuzzy Dice

Agreed, i did the exact same thing, had to have a pair when i bought the car, but dont know the meaning. Maybe some of our more seasoned members can chime in

Daniel

427 BBC, 215 heads, 2.19/1.88 valves with some port work, 60212 Lunati Hyd Roller, 3310 Holley 750, Performer RPM intake, TH350 with shift kit, 3.55 gears 12 bolt posi, Pypes 3 inch kit, it's alive... again!!!
Old Oct 18th, 05, 7:19 PM
Senior Tech Team

I like the way you said "seasoned". I have black fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror, they were given to me by a friend as a "car warming" present when I got it. Now going back to the 50's, when I was but a kid, the way I heard it was: Christians and especially Catholics started putting St. Christpher statues or Jesus statues on the dash, thinking it would help protect them on the road or keep them from getting lost. So "outlaw/hot rod" types used the fuzzy dice in different manner, to indicate that they would take a chance
or a risk, it told others they had a mean car and were ready to race. I never heard of insurance companies raising the rates for having fuzzy dice though. These days it's just cool and means nothing, as far as I know.

If you want to get some try this:www.fuzzythis.com
Old Oct 18th, 05, 7:45 PM
Tech Team

watch out though , in CA fuzzy dice (or anything else) hanging from your rear view mirror will get you pulled over , they call it something about obstructing your view of the road .
just a thought , from someone who knows first hand , lol
Brian
66 chevelle malibu
55 chevy truck
99 S-10
Old Oct 18th, 05, 7:51 PM
Senior Tech Team

Those Chp's still doing that? Well I learned in traffic school taught by one down there in the late 80s that they don't bother to stop you for speeding unless you are going more than 10 mph over the limit. Here in WA they'll pulll you over for 3 over on a slow day.
Old Oct 18th, 05, 8:09 PM
Senior Tech Team
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu66velle
watch out though , in CA fuzzy dice (or anything else) hanging from your rear view mirror will get you pulled over , they call it something about obstructing your view of the road .
Brian
66 chevelle malibu
55 chevy truck
99 S-10
yep, thats me! Search for my post...
Old Oct 18th, 05, 8:15 PM
Tech Team

Well Guys the meaning of fuzzy dice>> Been told by many people that back in the early fiftys .......your girl made them for you!!! And put them on your mirror so that other girls new you were taken!!! ........................
Old Oct 18th, 05, 8:32 PM
Senior Tech Team
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu66velle
Brian
66 chevelle malibu
55 chevy truck
99 S-10
It's called obstruction of view, same thing as tinting windows. OH, AND, if they haven't started in your neighborhood, they may soon- cracking down on cars with wings on the rear. If it protrudes more than two inches into the field of vision (entire back windshield) it is an obstructuion of view!! (Luckily the plymouth superbird and dodge daytona are still safe!! LOL) Oh, and on the fuzzy dice thing, a girl at my school has a 57 bel-air with them and got pulled over a few times and this time she got a fix it ticket for them!!! We thought the cop was joking!! I was about to throw them out the window onto his car but didn't want to get in trouble!
Updated Pic 3
Old Oct 18th, 05, 9:24 PM
Paul

Unhappy Re: Meaning of the Fuzzy Dice

They can't protect our borders but can sure hassle us for "fuzzy dice"!! Go figure..

pdq67
Old Oct 18th, 05, 11:52 PM
Gold Founding Member
Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbowtie
Well Guys the meaning of fuzzy dice>> Been told by many people that back in the early fiftys .......your girl made them for you!!! And put them on your mirror so that other girls new you were taken!!! ........................
Better than your fuzzy, uhhh, hanging from the mirror. Baby shoes were popular too (met your girlfriend was pregnant?). Tassles when you graduated. Hula bobbles on the back package tray. Friend had a glow in the dark dashboard Jesus in his 40 Ford. We needed all the help we could get back then.....My cars were big enough cop magnets without calling more attention to them so I went bare mirrored.
New Heart Transplant
Old Oct 18th, 05, 11:53 PM
Senior Tech Team
Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbowtie
Ive got a set in the 67.....wife bought em so I guess they can stay
Old Oct 18th, 05, 11:55 PM
Senior Tech Team

I heard that if you hanging in your car that you were prepared to race title for title..
Old Oct 19th, 05, 12:38 AM
Senior Tech Team

what does the skull mean in american graphiti
Old Oct 19th, 05, 1:47 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

I went the hula doll route instead of the dice.

Old Oct 19th, 05, 2:49 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

ahh, interesting replies.
i like the outlaw part,,, it makes me seem cooler than i really am..

redbowtie:
i HOPE thats not what it means! maybe thats why i am not attracting too many girls... i mean the only "girl" that i am taken by is jill,,, and i have been with her for 18 years... you get it? jill? hold out your hand in the air and spread the fingers... see? jill... ok i will stop now...

pdq67:
i couldnt agree more... though most police are nice people - a few of them just wants to give you a hard time over the most innocent thing... that happened to me once - years ago when i was driving on my permit...

i have had only one good encounter with the police... i was burning out in a business zone around 1 or 2 in the morning, taking some videos, making noise, and not even racing... apparently, some douche called the police and claim people were racing... no, there wasnt anyone in sight,,, they must have some evil plans if they are at an unlit business zone at 2 in the morning... that i probably stopped - if you know what i mean...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Information Exchange > Bench Racing      Current Topic: Meaning of the Fuzzy Dice
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.