Team Chevelle banner

New '65 Chevelle SS Convertible - Evening Orchid

10K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  Mach77 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Help me welcome the newest (and last for a long time!) addition to my garage. Bought the car mostly as a cruiser for the family but might've had something to do with my wife turning 40 too.:D

Anyway, here are a few specifics:
  • 1965 Chevelle SS - Evening Orchid paint code P (exclusive to '65 SS models)
  • Original 283 was previously replaced with 350 SB (incl. aftermarket Edelbrock cam, intake and carb)
  • Original 2-speed Powerglide and 3.08 10-bolt open rear
  • Original ivory interior in great shape, looks sharp with paint IMO
  • All original body panels, 99.9% rust-free, never undercoated, CA car most of its life

Needs a little TLC, engine needs tuned and cleaned up, hood is misaligned and a few paint chips here and there. But overall a very nice driving and riding car.

Thanks to Mike, Dave, Dean and Rocky for the advice.:thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#23 ·
it was available on different years as i had a factory painted 69 Z/28 EO. it was not a std camaro color but was available as a extra cost option if you knew how to work the system.

#14 ·
Derek took me for a cruise in his new vert the other day with the top down. Gotta say it ran very smooth and was an enjoyable ride. Car is in very nice condition and is a great addition to his growing collection.

Believe you have enough room to squeeze another in your garage ... 67 SS maybe? ;)

Gratz again on the new purchase, I look forward to cruising around town with you in the 70 and the Mrs. in the 65.

Dave

#17 ·
Believe you have enough room to squeeze another in your garage ... 67 SS maybe? ;)

Dave
Dave, As much as I love the '67 I'm relying personally on you to stop me.:noway:

That color was also available on the full size Chevys and the Pontiac GTO at least, it was called Iris Mist on the Pontiacs IIRC.
Friends ex father in law has a 65 GTO original Iris mist. Evening Orchid looks a little deeper to me but it might also be the quality of the panit job on the GTO. Ive been tempted to do my 65 elky in Evening Orchid but not sure. My wife loves the color. Clean vert though.
Forgot the mention the '65 Irish Mist GTO. Here are a couple.

Attachments

#16 ·
That color was also available on the full size Chevys and the Pontiac GTO at least, it was called Iris Mist on the Pontiacs IIRC.
Friends ex father in law has a 65 GTO original Iris mist. Evening Orchid looks a little deeper to me but it might also be the quality of the panit job on the GTO. Ive been tempted to do my 65 elky in Evening Orchid but not sure. My wife loves the color. Clean vert though.

#25 ·
Don't know how rare it is for Chevelle's or Full Size cars (very rare I would say), but I was able to buy a 65 Corvair Turbo for my good friend that was originally an Evening Orchid car. My buddy was going to paint it another color until he say the rarity of the EO usage across the 65 Chevy car line, and then he saw a Caprice painted that color. He decided the Turbo is going back to Evening Orchid when he gets to it. I have never seen it on a Vair.

Your car is a beautiful Chevelle in a classy color.

Best,
Tom

#28 ·
Thanks for all the compliments. There are few cars in general with this color and that does add a little bit to it for me, and I think it's cool that there are a few other makes/models out there in Evening Orchid.

The cool thing is the car looks even better in person, more champagne in low light and a little darker in the bright light. I am also a big fan of the white interior with this paint color.:thumbsup:

BTW, the guy I bought this car from has a nice matching Evening Orchid hardtop for sale if anyone's looking...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.