Team Chevelle banner

Attaching fuel line Holley Dual Feed Carb line

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  sparky502 
#1 ·
Would there be any cons if I attached to the fuel line from the tank to the rear port of the dual feed line. I was going to a run it along the firewall and attach a p-clamp to one of the studs for the heater core housing. The fender well is pretty much full with the MSD box and heater hoses.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Tell us more about the fuel supply system you have now. Is it an electric pump?

What's wrong with the way it is now?

One con might be race track inspections. I'm not positive, but they may not allow fuel lines attached to the firewall.

I'm not up to speed on a GenVi 502

Ron

#3 ·
I have it just sitting there and not attached to anything as I am just plumbing it in. I have no real way to support it properly if I attach it to the fender well as it is crowded with the MSD box and heater hoses.

The GEN 6 502 has no provisions for a mechanical fuel pump so I am running a electric red Holley until it dies.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
Just run the main line from the tank the original factory way. Continue it up to the line you have in your picture. It's not a heavy piece on line that needs that much support.

I don't like fuel lines on the fenderwell anyway.
..EDIT..
Click my showroom link, the first page has a picture-fuel pump to regulator-

Minus the pump, you'll see what I mean.
Ron

#5 ·
Factory would have it secured against the inside frame rail (to protect from rocks and chips) until it met the front of the block for the mechanical pump mount. I'd go that path, then tuck your flexible line against the face of the block and perhaps behind your water pump to tidy things up and keep away from your belts. But as far as your idea- I'm not coming up with any reason why it would cause you a problem per se. I'd say the factory didn't do it that way because they had to be at the front for the mechanical pump. Your idea is creative.

#7 ·
Just an update. I pulled out the original corroded fuel line and looking at it the piece that enters the front sub frame was pretty much a straight line. I took the 3/8 steel line and fished it through the factory location and routed it all the way back to where I am mounting the electric fuel pump just in front of the lower control arm mounting bracket. Turned out pretty good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.