Team Chevelle banner

Problem with CPP upper arms

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  nikwho 
#1 ·
Any one else experience this? The passenger side arm fits OK. Drivers side, not so much! First off, I would like to say that I love the arms! They are super beefy and look great! Price is great, too! On the passenger side, the step on the huge cross shaft hits the mounting surface on the frame at each side so it wont sit flush against the mounting surface. I'm sure it wont be a problem as it will probably be shimmed when it gets aligned. However, on the drivers side, at the rear of the cross shaft, the CPP arm conflicts with the frame surface and will not let the arm travel all the way down. Alignment shims will not fix this. Any thoughts? Any representative from Classic Performance Products on this board? I've got an email in to them and I trust that they will have a fix for me.
NIK

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, I spoke with a guy there in tech support. He told me that I need to grind my frame down until the arm fits. :confused: Now, with that said, my car is a Pontiac GTO, not a chevelle. However I thought that the frames were identical. apparently NOT! So, I guess that I can live with modifying the frame. Too bad I JUST painted it. I will have to grind it down to make everything fit, then take it back apart and repaint that part of the frame... So, I can live with that, but I noticed that the arm had a spot that didn't get powder coated. So, now I have to send the arm back to get a replacement! really? Its like these arms just don't want to be on my car!

Attachments

#5 ·
Good Morning,

I'm Aaron @ CPP I have been emailing you back and forth.
That is correct on some 64-67 Non-chevelle A-bodies we see this slight interference from time to time. for the thousands of control arms we have sold I have only had this come up 3 times (including this time) and each time it has been on a 64-67 GTO. The upper a-arm mount must be just a tad wider. So yes, I did recommend trimming this down a bit.

As for the powdercoat we appologize and I emailed you directly for your info so we can send a pick up label to get this exchanged... Must have been the last of the silver in that powdercoating run... Sorry about that!

#6 ·
No problem! Thank you for promptly taking care of this. I was only frustrated about hearing of needed frame mods because I just painted the frame. My luck always seems to go this way. I really like the quality and look of the arm! And I understand fitment being off, being that my car isn't a chevelle! They look super tough and when a little more money frees up, I will look into buying the matching lower arms. Thanks Aaron!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.