Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RPO -D35

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  502scs 
#1 ·
Just got the option sheet back from GM on my 71 and it lists the mirrors as D35 ("custom sport"). Is this the same as the bullit mirrors I hear mentioned and if so does any one no where a manual passenger side mirror could be found for purchase?

#2 ·
Yup, that's the driver's side bullet mirror. As for a passenger mirror you could look for an F-body mirror(2nd gen) or a Lemans/GTO mirror since they offered dual mirrors. For 1977 they started using convex mirrors on the passenger side. The bullet itself was the same for many years but the base was designed to work on different door contours. Be aware of the differences when you look for potential donors. I'm not up on all the differences, but '78-up A-body versions are designed for a more vertical door skin.

#3 ·
These bullit mirrors are held together by two screws up through the base. These screws hold the base, bullit, and mirror together. There could very well be different bases for different door skin contours to keep the mirror horizontal. I just put a set back together for our '72 Lemans Sport........Sorry, not a Chevelle but it is a 400, 4 speed "A" body. Not all bad. If you got a mirror with a base that was a little off, a little grinding would probably fit it to your door contour.

[This message has been edited by Keith Tedford (edited 03-16-2002).]

#4 ·
Just got the option sheet back from GM on my 71 and it lists the mirrors as D35 ("custom sport"). Is this the same as the bullit mirrors I hear mentioned and if so does any one no where a manual passenger side mirror could be found for purchase?
You can request the sheet? Is this only canada cars ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.