Team Chevelle banner

brake master cylinder pushrod adjustment

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rkd 
#1 ·
I am switching from the stock power brake booster to a 7' dual diaphram power brake booster. Would anybody know how the clearance for the pushrod is set or what the adjustment procedure is even if it was the stock booster being used I can't seem to find any information on it. I also need opinions on what is the easiest way to bleed brakes if your trying to do it by yourself. Ha anyone ever switched over to non power brakes doe to lack of engine vacuum to properly operate the power brakes ??? What is needed just a non power brake master cylinder or is there anything else thats needed ??? Thanks for any and or all responses
Dean

#2 ·
On my 66, that I just added front discs and a manual dual master cylinder.

The new master came with a spacer in the bore so that if fit a power booster. With the spacer removed, the stock manual pushrod from the pedal fit nicely with some adjustment. Apparently the manual pushrod goes deeper into the master so it cannot fall out.

I used the Ground Up front disc kit, less the power booster, and it all fit nicely and works great. I don't have much vacuum, and I did not want the extra stuff that goes with power brakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.