Team Chevelle banner

Thoughts on the Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR tires?

68K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  moparcolt 
#1 ·

Anyone using or used the MT SR series tire? I'm interested in noise, wear, traction (I know the last two are dependent on your right foot...!) My car - when it arrives - has the 31 x 18 x 20 tire. It seems that the MT SR has become the default tire for 20" rims, but am all ears if there is a better alternative.

Thanks,

See less See more
#7 ·
I had the 33X22X15 on my car. They are a great tire for cruisin. Performance wise they are a waste of money. I took mine off and put 33x22x15 Hoosiers Quick Time Pros on. They are great for traction but lousy in the rain.

You have to decide what you want out of a tire. I dont like the sidewall on the SR radial either. It is to straight,,,not balloned like a slick. I wanted the race car look.

Another problem I had was it made my car wobble back and forth when you hit it hard. When I put the other tires on,,it went away.

#8 ·
As mentioned I have the 33x22's on my Chevelle. Great for driving, looks and no hassles from cops but if you want it to hook some ET streets or Hoosier Quick times would be the way to go. (after a burn out)

Though I would like to try them at the track with some sticky compound on the launch pad to see what happens.

#10 ·
Thanks for the input. I have some old M/T Sportsman 31x18.5 to get rid of first, but I think the 33x22 will be a much better size (maybe in the Hoosiers).

Dave - do you have any photos of the tires mounted? I'd love to see how they look on a wiiiiide rim. My car has an extra 4" inboard and 2" outboard clearance with an 18" tire, so 22" is easy.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.