Team Chevelle banner

Barrett Jackson, Scottsdale - 1/07

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  HEAVYCHEVY JIM 
#1 ·
My wife and I would like to see the spectacle of Barrett Jackson for the first time in January - but as spectators, not bidders! We'd like to come out Thursday afternoon and leave Sunday morning.

Is it possible to buy spectator reserved seats for Friday and Saturday (all day, each day and night), or do you have to get general admission and take your chances on having a decent seat?

If so, any idea how pricey they are?

Is the spectator section in the same zip code as the stage?? ;)

Anyone have any local hotel suggestions that might still have rooms?

Any suggestions for first timers would be welcomed!

Thanks.

Andy

#2 ·
#3 ·
Thanks, Scott. I actually looked at their website first, but they only seem to have info for bidders and people with cars to sell. I was hoping to find out if they some sort of spectator area, other than general admission, and if so, if it has reserved seats? I didn't see anything on the website about it and was thinking others who have been their might know.

Thanks again.

Andy

ps Thanks for the hotel link!

#4 ·
Only the bidders get the special seating that is straight out from the stage. The general admission seating is very limited and is first come first serve, and is pushed out to the sides from the stage pretty far. Not a very good view at all. Friday and Saturday general admission is pretty pricey, I think it was about $50 a day, a weekend pass would be a better buy. As far as hotels, I would drive south and stay in Tempe or in Phoenix, Scottsdale is overpriced all winter and probably full. If you want to call me I can tell you more specifics when it comes time. Hope this helps.
Jason

#5 ·
If you are going to be there for multiple days, it may be worth your while to get a bidders number. Besides being able to sit down to watch the auction action, you also get a much better parking arrangement. The free general parking is out in the desert and it is a little bit of a hike to the auction grounds, and if it's rainy it can be muddy. $400 gets both you and your wife in any day, free booze, parking, etc. You may want to check it out.

#6 ·
I work in the hospitality industry and can tell you you should book early!! BJ draws a huge crowd and I think the Phoenix Open is in town at the same time. This is also the peak season for us here as businesses have their large conferences at this time, not to mention people just wanting to get away from winter in other parts of the country.

#7 ·
Thanks for all of the advice! I really appreciate it!! Too bad there's nothing other than GA for spectators, but I guess you can understand from BJ's perspective. They're there to make money on auctions, not to provide entertainment. That's just a by-product.

I was thinking that getting a bidders pass might be the way to go, too. The only thing is - can I trust myself to keep my hands in my pockets??!!

Anybody know how the bidders seating is done? I assume the more your bank guarnatee is, the closer to the stage you get. Is that right? If so, how many $$ does it need to be to be able to see the stage comfortably (without binoculars!)?

I'm wondering if this is worth doing, or it would be better to just sit home and watch it on the Speed Channel? I know you get good seating then!

Thanks again.

Andy

#8 ·
Anybody know how the bidders seating is done? I assume the more your bank guarnatee is, the closer to the stage you get. Is that right? If so, how many $$ does it need to be to be able to see the stage comfortably (without binoculars!)?

I'm wondering if this is worth doing, or it would be better to just sit home and watch it on the Speed Channel? I know you get good seating then!

Thanks again.

Andy

I was there last year. probably the lowest budget guy in the house. I did have bidder passes and was right in the front row for most of the good action and was standing right next to the Ray Allen car when it sold. Your bidder pass will get you about anywhere you want to go. The main thing is to stay out of the way and if they ask you to move, just move. If you can buy a bidder pass, do it. Even if you don't get close to the stage, they have big screens on the sides you can see what is going on. The only time the auction arena was really packed was Friday and Saturday night. During the day was easy to find a seat. Also, if you don't get a bidder pass, there is plenty to see and do outside the auction arena. The best part is walking around outside kicking tires in the tents !! Don't forget the other sales going on that weekend too ! Have fun !!

#10 ·
Thanks for the tips, Tom. It's good to know you don't have to have a million dollar LOC negotiated at the bank to sit in the good areas - and I've heard that the tents are the best car cruise you've ever been to, both in terms of the number and quality of the cars.

Mark - Wow! The only thing I'll be bringing back is pictures! I'd be happy to share those!!

Thanks!

Andy

#13 ·
I'll be there booked the flight about a month ago with A good friend of mine.

Staying in Scottsdale about 7 miles from the auction at B-J'S tent.

I got the bidder pass, what a value for want you get. We will be there Saturday the 13th leave the 18th. $400.00 bucks. It gets you the Gala Event ( all those stuffed shirts) ( the viewing what a car show that will be).

Plus the bidder tent FREE BOOZE that should get the arms in the air.

I'll see you there, I'll be in the CHEVY section. :hurray:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.