Team Chevelle banner

The OFFICIAL CB12 COUNTDOWN BEGINS NOW!!

121K views 894 replies 97 participants last post by  jeffreyw1 
#1 ·
133 Days till CB12 - June 7-9,2012
I marked this on my calender so we would begin the countdown on the same day we have for the past couple of years. As in years past, whomever makes the post of the day should include a photo and the "Days Till CB12"

Let the Countdown Begin!!!:hurray::beers:

See less See more
#4 ·
No Chevellabration for me this year :( oldest daughter graduates high school on the 9th..

#7 ·
Let me expand on my statement above...

These are my thoughts. Yes, I do have a few on rare occasions.

Attendance at CB has steadily declined the past few years for various reasons.
Obviously, this cannot continue.
If we want Chevellabrations to continue, we must make every effort to attend and support this event.
Understandably life does get in the way...
But, especially for those of us here that have never attended an ACES show, I strongly suggest making an honest effort to do so...SOON!!!
You won't regret it.

#20 ·
The cost to organize and put on a great spectacle such as Chevellabration can be astronomical.

The most obvious means to increase revenue would be more spectators. We can help by spreading the word.

I would assume the vendors there pay a fee for the exposure. Wonder if there are other vendors who cater to the Chevelle Community who do not come?

There's power in numbers. Maybe if everyone puts their heads together a solution can be reached.

I sincerely hope CB can continue on for many years to come.

#9 ·
Gotta agree with you guys....I hope it isn't on the way out, either and I've only been twice! Bill is right....those of you who are reading this thread and have NOT been to any CB's really need to find a way to get there, at least once. No one can adequately explain what this show is like. Yes, it can be hot but you've been hot before haven't you? No one makes you sit out in the sun all day. I know it's not the cheapest "vacation" you can have either but at least once, you really have to give it a try.

Duke

#10 ·
Gonna show up with sumpen at CB-12. My buddy Scott (66 Wagon & Red 66 Pro. Street) and I are going to drive our wagons to the K.C. Chevelle Show.
I hope we have some other Chevelles with us.
Bob

#14 ·
The question is, Why would you not go?
You own a Chevelle, you like Chevelle's, this is the Biggest Chevelle Event in the World.
You wont know how much you miss it until it's gone. If everyone who has attended on a regular basis get one new person to come then the event will double in size. Don't make excuses, Make Plans!!!

#17 ·
Greg and I will be there with either one (or possibly 2 ) 1969`s to bebut!

Dan

#22 ·
Chances are I will drive my 1970-SS 454 Sta. Wgn. (With documents).
Love the drive from Pittsburgh,Pa. to Goodlettsville. And after Goodlettsville the BIG drive to K.C. Vell show.
I will bring ALL the documentation for my Wagon. All of my Documents PROVE my 1970-SS 454 Sta. Wgn. is a Fraud!:D
Bob

#24 ·
I personally have made copies of the "Application for Membership" from my Chevelle World Magazine. Anyone with a Chevelle at shows or other places, I'm going to sell them on ACES and Chevellabration.

#26 ·
Pretty ruff looking crew.

That's me in the hat. :p

#27 ·
Pretty ruff looking crew.

That's me in the hat. :p
I get it... l:)

I wasn't there for this pic, I was at the tire shop getting another new trailer tire... :(

Is it my imagination, or are these pics getting smaller every year???

#29 ·
Thanks for y'all's support, not just for the upcoming CB'12, but for all the years we've all enjoyed getting together at the greatest Chevelle show (and "family reunion") on earth! Like many have expressed here, there is a possibility that this could be the last Chevell-abration. I certainly hope not. One thing is for certain, however...it'll be the final one at Moss-Wright Park.

I'm sure we're all familiar with the old saying "Familiarity breeds contempt." Well, this will be our 15th year @ M-W Park, and each one gets successively more difficult to pull off with more bureaucratic hoops to jump through, increasing fees, more permits, an administrative staff that has grown over the years and now includes hinderers rather than facilitators, and a lack of appreciation for the economic impact we have on this small community. I could go on, but I think y'all get my drift.

Those of you who've discussed this situation with me know my frustrations over not being able to get a multi-year contract with a set year-to-year date. This inhibits long-term planning that has an impact on how we promote, market and sell the event. It also prevents many of y'all from making any real plans until I can announce a date for the event, and I can't do that because of a preference of scheduling that's given to a local softball tournament group. This same group has, after securing the date I seek (second weekend in June), canceled their tournament the last 3 out of 4 years because they couldn't get enough teams to fill the ladder. Consequently, we've been forced on most occasions, to take the dates they offer us. M-W Park is a busy one, with stuff going on virtually every weekend, so just finding an open date during the warm weather months can be quite problematic. So I have also been out beating the bushes to find another suitable location close to the middle Tennessee area to relocate the event.

There are a lot of other elements of promoting this event that also need addressing, but I can't go into all of them here, or this post would turn into a novella. Anyway, we're gonna give it another really good shot again this year, we're gonna have even more fun than ever before, and while it's my hopes that we can find a new home for Chevell-abration and overcome the challenges that are currently confronting us, right now, my focus remains on getting this one done and producing another high-quality, fun, family-oriented event that y'all have come to expect and deserve.

Please understand that this thread needs to remain on topic, and should NOT morph into a "Why don't you do this" discussion. I'm open to discussion, but if you have something to contribute, please do it on the ACES Hotline: 615.643.ACES (2237). I will not engage in, or respond to any of those kinds of comments that detract from this fun, informational thread. BTW Mark, I intended to thank you at the top of this post, but forgot... Old age, perhaps? Anyway, thanks again to Mark, and all who support ACES and Chevell-abration in any way shape or form. Y'all are the main ingredient that makes the event so special! Thanks too, TC, for the bandwidth and a place we can all come together to share the passion!

#30 ·
Well said, Chuck. I'm doing my part, everyone I run into in this area, I tell them that the ACES CB and regional events are must-do shows... :yes:

#34 ·
the economy is playing havoc with everything worldwide,we are paying nearly 10 dollars a gallon of gas over here, yep 10 dollars you did read that right,its putting the skids on going to a lot of stuff over here.our group here are now going for spins out and coffe meets locally with the odd long distance show thrown in.
we missed cb last year but we are coming back this year even if i have to rob a bank, have my hotel booked , suitcase packed, bill knows :D:D, only time i aint dressed from head to toe in black is when im stateside.. liz washes my tshirts short pants and packs them away for next cb.:D:D.
myself and liz love the show, but meeting ya good folks and having a chat and the relaxed atmosphere is brilliant, just love the buzz of the whole cb gig, i am even learning to speak proper so chuck can understand a dang word that boy says......:yes::yes:
cb has to be the best show on earth for chevelle owners and a fantastic experience, if ya can make it,do so.. see ya all in june, see ya bill and mike in a few weeks....:hurray::hurray:

#37 ·
Ed, you are in the lead at this point....yep, that thing is sure ugly! But, we have all seen where you can go.....if you want to! Can't make it this year (duty calls, if you know what I mean) but want to get back some day. Hope to see some of you folks at some regional shows this summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.