Team Chevelle banner

BBC Weiand Stealth intake height vs. GM Winters 3933163

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SUNOCO70 
#1 ·
I am currently running the LS6 lowrise intake on my 427 and just am not happy with the performance, I need to micro manage my hood clearance so I know the Weiand Stealth intake has a manifold height of 4.75 front and 5.75 rear, can someone give me the "exact" specs for the GM Winters 3933163 L72/L78 highrise intake front and rear, thanks for your help

#2 ·
Funny you should ask...we are currently going through a similar situation:

163 intake: 4.75" (front) & 5.25" (rear)

The 163 works with just a touch of wiggle room all around, but the stealth was gonna be *tight* at the rear...

#5 · (Edited)
OK here is an update, I just sold my Weiand Stealth BIg Block #8108 square port intake with its 4.75 front measured height and 5.75 rear and just purchased a date coded 1/12/68 #3933163 Winters intake with its supposedly front measurement of 4.75 and 5.25 rear for best possible hood clearance and of course its an original Chevy intake, Here are the measurements from the 1968 Winters intake, 4.75 front and 5.75 rear, the exact same as the Stealth, if anyone has one sitting on their bench could check it to see if maybe they might have varied heights from early castings to later but I would say there probably is no difference, thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.