Welcome Retro Manufacturing! - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Retro Manufacturing Retro Manufacturing

Old Apr 7th, 11, 12:00 PM
Tech Team
Jim

Default Re: Welcome Retro Manufacturing!

Got a question for someone @ RetroSound. Regarding the DVC 4x10 speaker for the mid 60's Chevelles. I see that it has two input channel hookups for the voice coils, but since it has only one 'woofer' cone is there some sort of cross-over/bridge to drive it? I realize Stereo imaging will be poor due to placement, but it's gotta sound better than a paper cone 4X10. Anyone having one installed that can comment on sound quality? Been debating on this or one of the dual 3.5 speakers in a plate setups. Don't want to cut things up or go the kick panel route, as it's really a poor placement for any kind of speaker, no matter how good. Have a Model One in the box waiting for the Elky to come home from the shop so I can install it. Need to figure out what to do about speakers soon. Thx.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 7th, 11, 12:42 PM
Michael

Thanks for the post Jim, The dual voice coil speaker is electrically two speakers based on a single physical chassis. It is the same idea as two individual speakers that share the same platform. You wire it the same as you would wire two regular speakers. The DVC speaker has more physical cone area then dual 3.5" speakers, so you get more cone throw and again lower bass response. Please note that if this is a 66/67 chevelle with A/C be careful, as nothing fits that center dash opening due to the ac ducting from the factory--- if you need any more help, feel free to email our tech department at support@retrosoundusa.com or call and ask for Chris.

Thanks, Michael Robbins
Old Apr 7th, 11, 7:10 PM
Senior Tech Team
Bryan

So, Michael,
While looking on your site for a stereo that will fit a 64/5 Falcon (which I did not see),
I noticed the pic of the blue dash of the 66 Chevelle in your "photos of installs"

Thanks----that is my dash---thought it was cool you thought enough to use it.
I do have the usb/smartcard interface installed now tho, as it was not put into place when that pic was taken.

Bryan

59 ElCamino 454/TKO 5spd--(daddy)
66 ElCamino 3oh7/TKO 5spd (mousey) Almost done On the street now!!!
65 Ranchero v8/4-spd, that my uncle bought new
Old Apr 7th, 11, 7:19 PM
Michael

Thanks Bryan, That dash opening of the 64-66 falcon should be the same as the mustang of those years (unless there is some sort of deluxe dash cover on top of it)---
I'd love to get some updated pix of your dash and some of your car, site visitors love to see that stuff! email me at mrobbins@retrosoundusa.com Appreciate all the posting activity! Michael
Old May 25th, 12, 10:04 PM
Tech Team
Bill and Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETROSOUNDUSA View Post
No problem Mr. millhand--- Mention Team chevelle & Call me during business hours 830-5 PST for free ground shipping in the continental US (Radios only).

888-325-1555 Thanks Michael Robbins Retro Mfg!

Damn! wish I had known, I just received my belts today... DOH!

'67 Malibu PS/ZR1-LS1 Brakes/350 Vortec/700R4 2/2 drop on 18" 338s - Tracy's "Boo"

'67 Cougar 289-A 4V/C4 the "Rustification"

'68 Cougar 5.0L Sequential Fuel Injected

'79 Honda Z50 - stretched, cafe'd and hotrodded 125CC Lifan/5spd FEAR THE MONKEY!
Old May 30th, 12, 9:51 AM
Tech Team
Bill and Tracy

Michael, are you still offering the free shipping discount? I still need to purchase my rear belts and would appreciate any breaks possible...

Thanks
Bill

'67 Malibu PS/ZR1-LS1 Brakes/350 Vortec/700R4 2/2 drop on 18" 338s - Tracy's "Boo"

'67 Cougar 289-A 4V/C4 the "Rustification"

'68 Cougar 5.0L Sequential Fuel Injected

'79 Honda Z50 - stretched, cafe'd and hotrodded 125CC Lifan/5spd FEAR THE MONKEY!
Old Nov 27th, 12, 1:30 PM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

I just talked to Sid very easy to talk to very informative.Hope my radio works like the customer assistance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Supporting Vendors > Retro Manufacturing      Current Topic: Welcome Retro Manufacturing!
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.