Team Chevelle banner

1967 Chevelle Origianl Fuse Box Issues

9K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  67ChevelleRookie 
#1 ·
I am very new at this. I just purchased a 1967 Chevelle Malibu (283) 2 speed automatic original owner (parked 20 years), and am trying to get it on the road. The fuse box was empty and I am having trouble finding all of the fuses for it? The glass bulb fuses are no problem, I am looking for the right side (male/female connection?) fuses for the ACC, starter, etc.

#2 ·
67 fuse box only uses the glass /metal ends fuses. The other spade terminals are to add some options and depends how the malibu was equipped may not have anything plugged in there.

#6 ·
The A/C probably doesn't connect thru the fuse block. The blower will, but it gets power from the harness, not the accessory sockets.

Clean up the clips in the fuse block (steel wool is pretty good), put new fuses in it and see what does or does not work. Another post here will get heaps of help is something is amiss.

The assembly manual is NOT the same thing as the repair manual. The assembly manual is what Chevy used to build the cars when they were new. If you are going to be working on it, particularly if you are going to be working on wiring or trying to figure out how something was done originally, get one. It's worth it's weight in gold.

G'luck!

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.