Team Chevelle banner

In Memory of Jimmy P, 2008

4K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Elcoman 
#1 ·
Hello members of TC, this is Jimmy P's daughter. Through extensive research out of curiosity, I found this link

http://www.chevelles.com/jimmyp/

and it led me to registering and creating this thread. After reading everyone's thoughtful condolences, I just wanted to show my gratitude. I know it's 6 years a little late, but better late than never! :p

I was 12 when I lost my dad, but the '69 Chevelle was completely restored how he wanted it about 2 years ago when I started driving. I got to learn how to drive his car, and I knew he was in the back seat watching. Here is a photo of me and the finished car.

I'm not sure how many people will see this, but I just wanted to thank everyone for the love and support they gave my family and me.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey there Marissa!

Yes its 6 years later (which is scary how fast time flies), but your dad is still remembered quite well by many of us. :yes:

Your timing on this is surreal. I actually just re-read the thread about your dad's passing the other day when I came across one of his posts.

Thanks for checking in & saying hi! Glad to hear you & your family are doing well. The car looks great! :thumbsup:

Pete

#3 ·
Hi Marissa,
I am glad that you checked in to give us an update. I have thought of your family often and am glad that you are all well. Your Dad is remembered and missed here every day.
My friend Greg is installing a Big Block in his 64 Chevelle. When I did a search, this thread came up:

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237179

Your Dad lives on through his many contributions to Team Chevelle. We all carry him in our hearts and minds and will never forget him.

Your Dad's 69 looks great. Enjoy it and please keep us posted.

#4 ·
I had never actually met your father but I remember his positivity and his willingness to share his experiences. He had a sense of humor in his writing. I knew he had heart problems but I was shocked and saddened to learn of his passing. As I recall this was just after the July 4th fireworks incident that set the garage on fire. Your father was well-liked on the board here and it was a shock to all of us. I remember his tagline "Granbury Texas – Yee Ha!"
Anyway Marissa, it is thoughtful of you to check-in here. Enjoy the Chevelle in his honor.

#6 ·
You just warmed the heart of every father of a daughter on here. As a father of a daughter, and grandfather to three girls, one that just started driving myself, I know how proud he would be to have a daughter who cared enough to check and see if there was any info on her Dad through cyberspace and relay such a nice message.
You really have shown us that "The apple doesn't fall to far from the tree" as you have the same caring attitude your Dad showed. With that beautiful Chevelle you have a great memory of him that you can lay your hands on anytime and feel his spirit. Now, that said,,, don't let some knot-head boyfriend drive it!;)

#7 ·
I'm impressed that you did your research on your dad's connections and found this site. Condolences on the loss of your dad. I do remember coming across your dad's username many times and remember he was one of the good guys. Thanks for checking in. :) Best wishes for a bright future.

#13 ·
This will be a thread I will remember always. Many Thanks Marissa.

#16 ·
Jimmy had sent me a PM long ago, I still have it. He was telling me about a local realtor that was showing Romo and Jessica Simpson a house in Texas. Also a story of him meeting Troy Aikman and Jimmy Johnson. Even hanging out with Jimy Johnson, even though he was a Steelers fan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.