Team Chevelle banner

harold, I need a solid flat tappet cam quick LOL

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  pdq67 
#1 ·
i've been messing around with this ISKY roller, and eventually, i'll get things sorted out for a different SBC.

right now, i need a cam to put in my 64 Corvette Coupe asap.

The motor is an original 327-365 (old Duntov 30-30 cam) and now i've got another set of heads with an ISKY solid roller, that is just too big, and i think these "other heads" are suspect for some poor porting.

anyway, i'm putting the stock fuelly heads back on, and need a great solid flat tappet cam that will make the most power all around with my ramshorn manifolds.

I've got 11 to 1 compression, 2.5 ramshorn manifolds with 2.5 chambered system out the back. Its got the aluminum dual plane intake manifold with a double pumper holley. 3.70 gears and a wide ratio muncie. I'm trying to keep everyting looking pure stock but want the car to run as good as possible. It is an original mile coupe so i don't want to cut up the heads with screwinstuds and such.

rpm will be maxed at 6500...

what cam should I use that will run the absolute best with this combination?

THanks

Aaron

See less See more
#3 ·
Aaron,

What I always recommend for things like 327s with RamsHorn exhausts is the Lunati 401A2LUN, which is 272/272 at .020, 238/238 at .050, .485".485" valve lift, and 110 LSA. The very 1st car that ever ran one of these cams, back in the 1980s, was a 327 'Vette, and he called me to tell me the cam would fill the 'Vette with tire smoke whenever he wanted it to. If you go too big in camshaft, the Ramshorns have trouble getting all the exhaust out, stifling top-end power. This cam will turn over 7000, allthough peak is around 6200. It will also go all year with one valve-lash setting.
Lunati should be able to ship that this week, if you need it. Call Steve at 662-892-1526.

UDHarold

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.