Team Chevelle banner

68 motion chevelle

16K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  JWA 
#1 ·
does anyone have pics about the 68 motion chevelle ? im sort of cloning one :yes:

#2 ·
does anyone have pics about the 68 motion chevelle ? im sort of cloning one :yes:
i dont think they made one i think it started in 69 your further ahead to make a nice COPO clone:thumbsup:

#3 ·
this place has a original 1968 harrell 427 chevelle that you can find photos of that might give you some ideas

SUPER CAR

WORKSHOP

"The Last Restoration Shop On Earth"

Joe Swezey & Brian Henderson
Latrobe, PA (724) 532-1975

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some Of Our "Past" Projects:
Stan Felinski's '69 COPO Camaro Caleb Arone's '69 COPO Camaro
Frank Arone's '69 COPO Camaro Frank Naples '69 COPO Camaro
Kory Smith's '68 Yenko Camaro Chris Short's '69 Yenko Chevelle
Brian Henderson's '69 Yenko Nova Chris Short's '69 Yenko Camaro
Gary Baker's '69 Yenko Camaro Brian Henderson's '69 Yenko Camaro
Bill Ogle's '69 Harrell Camaro Joe Swezey's '69 Harrell Camaro
Glen Henderson's '81 Yenko Camaro Stan Felinski's '69 L-78 Nova
Ron Stienman's '69 Z/28 Rich Becker's '69 Z/28
John Fariallo's '69 Z/28 Rich Carbones' '69 Camaro Pace Car
Bob Swezey '70 Cyclone Spoiler
Any many, many more...

Some Of Our "Future" Projects:
'69 Yenko Camaro (Olympic Gold) '69 Dana Nova (Olympic Gold)
'69 Yenko Camaro (Le Mans Blue) '69 Arons/Berger Camaro
'68 Gibb-Harrell Nova '69 COPO Camaro (Triple Black)
'68 Yenko Camaro (Prototype)
And LOTS MORE to come...!!

Past awards & achievements include: Keystone Nationals "Best of Show" winner 3 consecutive years, 2 Vette-Fest "Best of Show" awards, "Best American Camaro in Canada" award, USCC Nationals "Best of Show" winner, numerous ISCC "Best of Show" awards, as well as being founding members of the Yenko Sportscar Club. SCW cars have been featured in Muscle Car Review, Super Chevy, Hot Rod, Car Craft, and many more.

#5 ·
Thanks for pics but i know that baldwin chevy made 68 427 chevelles . There is limited pics and info or i was not directed to the right source yet . not that my car is going to be correct but at least it will turn some heads for the people that know what the word motion stands for . 427 badges 427 vette hood scoop and more than 500 hp

#6 ·
I have only seen the 68 baldwin chevelle as a model car. I have pix of somebodies 69 baldwin clone that IMHO was very well done. Not my pix, from a St. Louis area show. Black w/ red stripes w/ the hood and the stage three ignition boxes and everything, very well done. Wish I would have got to talk to the guy that owned it.

#9 ·
I think this car in the magazine is the same 68 Motion Chevelle that was built by Motion as a race car. The magazine picture may have been taken before the race car paint job was done. (unless there were 2 black 68 Motion Chevelles but I don't think so)

The 68 Motion Chevelle Ertl diecast of a black 68 Motion Chevelle race car was made from pictures of a real car. This car was built for an overseas Motion customer.
Joel used to work with Ertl to make the diecast Motion cars from real Motion pictures.

Joel gave me a signed picture of the black 68 Motion Chevelle race car. This picture looks weird because it is a picture that Ertl enlarged from a original picture that Joel gave them to work with.

Joel has a company now called Motion Models that sells military models so he was really detailed about making the Ertl cars right. The first Motion Ertl cars are made from real cars but I think later on Ertl made some that were not real cars.

here is a picture of the photo Joel gave me and the 68 Motion Chevelle Ertl.
Both are signed by Mr Motion :)

Attachments

#13 ·
No Jeff. Needless to say, I saw the car, photographed it and ran back to my tent on this year's Hot Rod Power Tour. All I can say is that the owner is a hardcore hot rodder! It was raining cats and dogs that day in Madison WI. I love seeing our cars taking a beating by mother nature and still doing their duty keeping us warm and dry!:thumbsup:

#17 ·
you would have to make it yourself all it is, is an SS hood with a high rise scoop sitting on top of the domes with a little modification to fit the contours i could make it myself and im only 16 its really simple i like this hood to but i would buy a new SS hood rather than ruining an original one

#23 ·
I don't think the eyebrow molding is out of place, I think he did a good job by leaving it on as a tribute to a phantom motion made out of an SS. What would've looked ugly is if he carried the SS moldings across the bottom of the car. I think that it would look too empty with the character line of the car and the molding deleted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.