Team Chevelle banner

Intro 67 Chevelle

26K views 62 replies 28 participants last post by  Phaeton 
#1 ·
Been here a little while. Would like to introduce myself and the Chevelle. I purchased it in August for $500.00 and so the project begins. No rendering it is in my head. The finished car will be tutone Red on top, Black on bottom. Black leather interior with Red stitching. 454 with 4 speed. No name yet any ideas?

Frame striped acid etched and painted Chassis Black.

Floor of the car is good so cleaned, sanded acid etched primed and painted.

Rebuilt the rear end. Installed limited slip, C3 Fab adjustable control arms, UMI control arm braces, Sway bar, rear end housing bushings, brake and fuel lines.

Front end installed. New tubular upper and lower control arms, 2" dropped spindles, 13" rotors with c5 brakes, inner outer tie rods, shocks and sway bar.

Smoothed firewall in Primer

18" X 8" Chrome Boss 338 up front

20" X 10" in the rear

Next will be replace both rear quarter panels. Coming along one paycheck at a time.

See less See more
#59 ·
Lots of work and really nice result!

#61 ·
The car is looking AWESOME!!!

I love the two tone paint. I almost did the same thing on my 66 with a silver/black or blue/black combo but changed my mind the night before I dropped it off at paint.

I'll keep yah up to date in a few weeks when we unveil our new door panel and seat upholstery. :D

#63 ·
The headers that are on it are Dougs that I bought at a swap meet just for initial start up. They fit good but hang down to low. Not sure what headers I will go with in the end. Lemons seem to be the best but I have read Headmans fit and don't hang down to low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.