Team Chevelle banner

reproduction window sticker

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Bill Pritchard 
#1 ·
Has anyone had a window sticker made up for their Chevelle? I found a website that makes them (window-sticker.com) and I'm trying to figure out what all the options that came on my '65 are. There are letters and numbers stamped on the plate on my firewall that match up to the options on the site for example b70 indicates the car came with a padded inst panel and a70 seat belts w/ retractors and those are the only ones listed on my plate, yet the car has n10 dual exhaust, n40 power steering and u63 push button radio. I'm not sure if these options were added later or upgraded by someone else. I have a '65 Chevelle Malibu 283 model #13637.

#3 ·
They are one and the same. Just list the options you have, they will do the rest. I've had half a dozen done by them over the years and been very happy.

#4 ·
Yes, as Dave indicates, Triple A Enterprises website is 'window-sticker.com' I, too, have had several made over the years and have been happy with them. They are not beyond making a mistake, though, so you have to know a bit about what was standard and what was optional on your particular model.

#10 ·
Yes, as Dave indicates, Triple A Enterprises website is 'window-sticker.com' I, too, have had several made over the years and have been happy with them. They are not beyond making a mistake, though, so you have to know a bit about what was standard and what was optional on your particular model.
I sent them a copy of my broadcast (build) sheet to work off of and they still got it wrong. Didn't know the difference between an Elky SS and a Chevelle SS. So as Bill says, if you want spot-on accuracy, do your homework.

With that said, people at car shows and cruise nights are interested in costs for options and the price of the car - not how accurate the sheet is. 99.9% of lookers wouldn't know right from wrong.

#5 ·
Just an FYI, options listed on the trim tag are those items that required some sort of deviation from the norm for the Fisher Body side of the build - anything that required some sort of modification if you will. Other options like you dual exhaust, power steering, radio, etal were installed on the final assembly line and didn't require mods to the body.

I have two pages on my ChevelleStuff website dealing with 65 options (and other years as well). One page, http://chevellestuff.net/1965/options_by_model.htm, lists what options were available and what series/body style they could be ordered on and http://chevellestuff.net/1965/options.htm shows the option's cost.

One caveat on the cost page, the costs listed come from numerous resources; GM Heritage Restoration Kits, actual dealer invoices (GM to dealer cost), car invoices (dealer to buyer), and valid window stickers. Costs in the GM Heritage Restoration Kits are generally done very early in the model year and are subject to change. Costs may also vary depending on the particular series/model for something like deluxe seat belts where an El Camino were cheaper than a sport coupe since there were less belts or a Powerglide for a 327 might cost more than a Powerglide for an L6.

#8 ·
We had Window-Sticker.com make a sticker for our 70 Chevelle and are very happy with it--it's correct, looks great, and they provided quick service. From your posts, I gather you don't have a build sheet for your vehicle. That's too bad--if you did have one, you could've just sent them a copy and they'd take care of the rest.

#9 ·
the one I had made up by them attracts more people at car shows then the car it self. if you ever saw a real original one the repro one is not even close. but it sure is a conversation starter

#11 ·
Yes, when they made the repro sticker for my 69 convertible, they listed the black all vinyl interior as a $15 or $16 option, when in fact the all vinyl interior was standard equipment on convertibles. When I pointed that out to them, they made me new, correct stickers for no charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.