Team Chevelle banner

a fool and his money is soon going to part ebay 66 SS

3K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  zombie1969 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I hate to chop apart someone's effort but when you put an $85K price tag on it you leave yourself open to criticism.Those King Digit door handle's look like a teenager did them.

#6 ·
I think the original handles would look better than the "custom" ones, especially since they are supposed to be flush with the body and look like they are sunk in 1/4"

#13 ·
The seller built the car to his taste. Unfortunately, you have to find someone with those exact same taste who is willing to spring for the BIN price.

Anytime you dive into a custom build, you always have to keep in mind that you should be doing it for the pure joy and satisfaction in creating the car you want, and understand that not everyone feels the same way.

#24 ·
I Agree.
If that fella went into the build to make money he is soon to realize it takes a person with a particular set of skills to buy,recondition and sell for a profit. In my experience there are very few people that can do that ethically.

#14 ·
Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I think it could be made right with a few thousand dollars. The door handles are rough! I would think it should be in the $25k-$30k range for it to sell. The shop that built it should be somewhat ashamed of their craftsmanship.

#15 ·
wife: "if you don't get rid of that damn car I'm going home to mother"

husband "OK, I'll put it on Ebay"

time passes........

husband: "I dunno honey, no one seems interested. I'll try again next summer"

l:) l:) l:)

#16 ·
Those door handles will scare away every potential buyer if the buy it know price already hasnt.

#20 ·
a better steering wheel, loose the ugly door handles, a white shift knob and it would look a lot better but still its not an original sheet metal car that would bring that $, #'s matching drive train?, I like 66 396, 4 spd & heads ?

#22 ·
Wow, you guys are all pretty brutal. So the car isn't built to everyone's taste, I get that. But with a few changes it could be a nice car. There are a ton of people doing those door handles right now, although I would hope better than how these were executed.

Nothing worse then a bunch of arm chair quarter backs. It would be interesting when one of you puts your car up for sale and it gets ripped by the masses. Or are all your cars just that perfect??

Maybe this isn't the forum I thought it was.......

#23 ·
What would it cost to reskin the doors and repaint as needed to get rid of those horrible door handles? Of course, that would be in addition to the 55K "buy it now" price. :clonk:

I think most have been very complimentary of a lot of things on this car, but this is the "what's it worth" section, and I think it's clear that it's not worth 55k or the original asking price of 85K that started the discussion.

#25 ·
A drunk beaver could have gnawed a straighter hole in the door for those handles than the installer did. Other than that, I agree a few small changes would work wonders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.