Might as well call it a build thread..... - Page 9 - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Beaumonts & Canadian Built

Old Apr 15th, 14, 6:29 PM
Tech Team
Jesse

Default Re: Might as well call it a build thread.....

Yeah its come a long way from the Purple peopl eater days.

Guess I havent updated this for a while.

Interior is basically all done, got the bench front bench back and installed. Only problem is the seat foams were thicker than the old sacked out ones. So they sit me up a little closer than Id like. But Im guessing they will settle a bit.

Got a couple wiring issues we were sorting through as well.

Painted the trunk, got a re pop trunk mat for it as well.

Also decided a rev limiter was a good idear, so I got a MSD stand alone piece, mounted it in front of the master cylinder.

Finally, I entered it into the Draggins rod and custom show. Just a yearly big indoor car show we have here. Well might have to pull it out, as we are having some issues with the hood. Its been at the body shop for a couple weeks now and its out of my hands. Oh well I guess.

83 K20

84 K5

DD-97 GMC SLE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 18th, 14, 11:28 PM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

I saw you car today at Draggins but not you, very nice car Jesse really like the paint.Maybe some day it will actually get nice and we can drive.One day I will put my car in Draggins too.How will you get your car home? Sure hope this melts or maybe you have a friend with a trailer?
Old Apr 20th, 14, 1:22 PM
Tech Team
Jesse

Thanks, yeah I wasn't around for a good chunk of the day Friday. Yeah I lucked out and drove it down from PA early Thursday morning. Just missed the snow. As for leaving the show, lucked out and drove it out of there. Just the parking lot was wet, once I hit the freeway I was in the clear. Only had a slight 20k drive home, so it all worked out well.

Got a few issues to work out with the car, but all in all I'm impressed with it. 70-80mph on the highway like nothing. I'll toss some pics up later.

83 K20

84 K5

DD-97 GMC SLE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Specialty > Beaumonts      Current Topic: Might as well call it a build thread.....
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.