Team Chevelle banner

66-67 4 & 3 row original harrison radiator's

10K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  jeffschevelle 
#1 ·
One has been recored. It is a 4 row and was a 4 row from the factory . Top tank coded UN. Bottom tank coded BR. The BR lower tank is for an automatic. Not sure but I think the core is good; but plan to have it tested.

I may use as is; but would like to trade for an original harrison 4 row for a manual transmission. Or I may sell.

I also have an original 3 row for a manual transmission with A/C that has a new core that is currently in my car. And also an original 3 row for a manual transmission with A/C that was recored with a 4 row that probably need to be re-cored. Looking for individual values. Thanks.

#3 ·
James: Just a couple weeks ago I bought a Harrison 3 row on Ebay. Seller claims it was recored and only used for one year. IIRC my winning bid was $207.00. I appears to be in pretty good shape. I believe it is a 68 Harrison 3 row. Actually I have a thread running in the Heating and Cooling forum with some questions. Maybe you could chime in on my thread seeing as how you own a couple Harrison 3 rows.

#7 ·
Kind of a little confused on the 3 rows that came with v-8 and A/C.

MY AIM shows the correct part # for the 4 rows that are associated with A/C and the SS cars on page UPC C60 B3.

As far as the 3 rows, it shows 3012212 for a V-8's with A/C and manual trans and 3012519 for V-8's with A/C and auto trans.These would not have a finger guard.

The above are also consistent with UPC V01 A1

It shows 300720 for the 13817-67 with manual trans which have a finger guard and not a shroud. And 3007621 for the 13817-67 with auto which have a finger guard and no shroud. This is also constant with the v01 option.

A research article by Jeff Helms indicated that 3007622 and 3007623 respectively should be the part numbers for the 3 row in the 13817-67 cars with manual trans and A/C.

What was different about the radiators 3012212 & 3012519 and the radiators in Helm's article 3007622 & 3007623?

#5 ·
The core in that one has a lot of bent fins. Mine only has a couple. Just mentioning for comparison purposes. Also mine is a different year and has side tanks.

#6 ·
Since James was inqiring about 66 radiators, with top/bottom tanks, the '68+ radiator isn't really a good comparison...

Since the 66/67 top tank is not hidden by a cover piece (like 68+), its even more critical to have the correct "looking" tank. Not only for numbers/purists, but even people that want a generally "stock" appearance...

Although the auction hasn't ended, the one posted from Ebay is probably a decent choice to look at, once the auction completes...

But really, the prices are all over the map, just depends on who's looking, how long they are willing to wait, and how much they want to pay...

#10 ·
#11 · (Edited)
Thanks Jeff, I looked at the thread before hand. The part numbers that you listed for For the standard BB and optional L34 and L78 BB radiators matched up with what was in the AIM.

Tom Lloyd indicated that some SB with C60 used the same radiators as some BB's. The AIM indicated that the some SB and some BB used 3012212 (Assembly) and 3012519 (automatic).

Your research article indicated 3007622 (manual) and 3007623 (auto) would be used with the L35 and C60 if my memory is correct.

So I was wondering if these were the same radiator or not. I have a couple of radiators that I think are the 3007622 radiators (3 rows with no finger guard for manual trans) and would like to clarify what applications are correct. Thanks, thats a very good article on the BB radiators.

#13 ·
Thanks Jeff, I looked at the thread before hand. The part numbers that you listed for For the standard BB and optional L34 and L78 BB radiators matched up with what was in the AIM.

Tom Lloyd indicated that some SB with C60 used the same radiators as some BB's. The AIM indicated that the some SB and some BB used 3012212 (Assembly) and 3012519 (automatic).

Your research article indicated 3007622 (manual) and 3007623 (auto) would be used with the L35 and C60 if my memory is correct.

So I was wondering if these were the same radiator or not. I have a couple of radiators that I think are the 3007622 radiators (3 rows with no finger guard for manual trans) and would like to clarify what applications are correct. Thanks, thats a very good article on the BB radiators.
Small block 66 AC cars have a radiator that "looks" like a 66 3-row big block rad, but they are not exactly the same. The top tank is the same, and the straps are basically the same, but the core is different (can't recall if the bottom tank is the same or not). I don't know what the difference in the core is, but they are different in some way or another because they have different Harrison part numbers. I have the complete Harrison radiator and component part catalog dated 1968, and it lists the Harrison part # for every tank, strap and core for every single 66, 67 and 68 Chevy radiator (along with many earlier years). And the small block AC cores have a different part number.

I'll dig the book out again when I get a chance and post more details.

#15 · (Edited)
I should add this to the Sticky post in Resto corner (along with some other updates and a correction on 67 L78 std rads), but in the interest of answering your question faster I'll post here first.

First off, there were two different small block AC/HD radiator sizes used in 66. The "first design" was larger and is the one that is the same (for a manual trans) or looks the same (for an automatic) as the "medium size" 66 396/325 radiator. The "second design" was smaller and has the same size center-fill top tank as a "small" 3-row 67 396/325 std radiator. The number you mention above (3012212) is the second design, so is smaller and nothing like a 66 big block radiator at all.

Not sure exactly when they changed from the first design to the second design, but the "redrawn and redesigned" date on the 66 AIM pages looks like 4-25-66.

Here are the 66-67 small block AC/HD rad part numbers:

- 66 (1st design) 283 or 327 with manual trans, w/ Air cond. or HD radiator:
VZ (3007622) (exact same radiator as 66-67 396/325 w/ AC/HD rad - driver's side fill, medium size 3-row core, no finger guard, w/ fan shroud mounts)
- 66 (1st design) 283 or 327 with Powerglide, w/ Air cond. or HD radiator:
VW (3007619) (same as 3007623 66-67 396/325 AC/HD with automatic trans, except has a different core and different bottom tank [I don't know what the difference is versus the 396 core and bottom tank] - driver's side fill, no finger guard, w/ fan shroud mounts)
- 66 (2nd design) and 67 - 283 or 327/275 manual trans w/ Air cond. or HD radiator
V? (3012519) (smaller 3-row core, smaller tanks, center fill, no finger guard, w/ fan shroud mounts)
- 66 (2nd design) and 67 - 283 or 327 with Powerglide w/ Air cond. or HD radiator
VN (3012212) (smaller 3-row core, smaller tanks, center fill, no finger guard, w/ fan shroud mounts)
- 67 L79 327/325 with manual trans, w/ Air cond. or HD radiator:

VZ (3007622) (exact same radiator as 66-67 396/325 w/ AC/HD rad - driver's side fill, medium size 3-row core, no finger guard, w/ fan shroud mounts)

Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.