Team Chevelle banner

OK, how old are you guys and what do you do for a living??

Tags
keisler tko
487K views 3K replies 3K participants last post by  70chevellenc 
#1 ·
I'm 38
I teach Physical/Earth sciences.
I also work part time at a local auto parts store for entertainment

How about the rest of you??

------------------
Mr. D
72 454 El Camino
68 RS/SS Camaro
73 RS/LT/Z28 Camaro
99 Firebird TA WS-6 A4

See less See more
#2 ·
39 married w/ two girls. My garage is my sancutuary "where I spend time w/ my 69 SS" when I get all 'girled out'. I am a radioactive waste consultant. We live in the Florida Keys and do what people who live in the Keys do. Go to many cruise ins w/ the family. It's getting to a very popular thing down here!

------------------

#3 ·
I'm 18 and a Freshman at Indiana University of Pa. In the summer I'm on the groundscrew at a very nice local golf course.

------------------
Bryan Shook
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/6673
Favorite Quote: Some people have shrinks. Some people have their garage.

#4 ·
I'm 33, married to high school sweetheart (same age) since '85. I have a boy & a girl 4-1/2 year old twins. I am Retired from the Airforce (electronics) recently received a B.S. in Computer Science and looking for a networking/C++/Java/$$ job.

I have a 70 Malibu by the way.

------------------
DG
Springfield, Ohio

My 70 Malibu http://www.wright.edu/~adams.41/chevy.htm
dga@erinet.com
TEAM Chevelle Member #0086
eBay username: dg98adams

#5 ·
I'm almost 49 2 kids only a junior in high
school left at home.
I'm a printed circuit board designer during the day and spend most evenings in what I like to call "The Mens Crisis Center" A 24/36 3 stall garage thats heated in the winter ( a necessity here in MN) and screens on the doors in summer.

Gary

#6 ·
I'm 20, I'm a junior in electrial and computer engineering at Carnegie Mellon, and night I work carrying around audio/video equipment. I also work on peoples cars on the weekends for some more spare change.

Reactions: chasmalo
#7 ·
I'm 31 I think.... yeah, turn 32 this summer and a dispatcher at a E.M.C. here in Ga.

Jimmy P- I've always wanted to take a trip down to the Republic
, maybe one of these vacations I can.

------------------
1972 Malibu (1 st. car) Project waiting to happen
Team Chevelle # 427
A.C.E.S. # 1282

#8 ·
45, married, (2nd time) teach at a local business college, (computers and business) 2 boys at home, one girl moved out on her own, live in central MD; from upstate NY, wife is an Air Force brat, red hair temper to match (first one was also) her father still thinks he's in command, and is. Wife is a pharmacist. 3 dashunds that own the place, luckily I have a garage to hide in.

#813 · (Edited)
WOW, this thing has been going on forever. So long in fact that I guess we should be updating. This earlier post was submitted in 2000. :eek:

I have now passed the half century mark (couple years back). Still teaching at the same school, although we were "purchased" so now I teach for Kaplan College Hagerstown. I'm back in school taking on-line classes to upgrade my skills. Hoping to sit for the CPA exam eventually. Still married to the same wonderful woman. But if she doesn't stop over drawing the checking account and running up the credit card I just may kill her. Oldest son is on his 2nd tour in Iraq and married to the most horrible woman that his mother and I could have ever had nightmares about. Daughter is living in northeast PA working as a firefighter. Don't hear from her as often as I would like. Youngest son is the "failure to launch" child that is working on the 3rd year of his 2 year degree and playing video games 20 out of every 24 hours. And of course he chose not to go to the college I work for, no he couldn't do that he could have gone there for free. :angry: The only way that one will leave this house is if we sell it and don't leave a forwarding address. Father-in-law passed a couple years back. He had a back operation and never really recovered. After ending up in a chair the man gave up on life. One of the Dachshunds passed on Christmas eve two years back now. :sad:

I still hide in a garage but I've had so little "mad" money to work on the car that it hasn't changed much in three or so years. Good thing my two best friends have money, hot rods and garages so I can go over and help them with their projects. Or at least drink their beer. I still have a Christmas Elf phobia but I have recovered sufficiently that I can venture out on Christmas eve without suffering a panic attack. :D

#9 ·
#11 ·
I'm 27 and live in So.Cal. I've been working part time for a local water district for a little over 3 years. I'm hoping to go full time as a meter reader/service tech in the near future. I'm also a junior at Cal. State University Northridge majoring in political science.

------------------
Brian R
'69 Malibu Coupe

#2,936 ·
I'm 27 and live in So.Cal. I've been working part time for a local water district for a little over 3 years. I'm hoping to go full time as a meter reader/service tech in the near future. I'm also a junior at Cal. State University Northridge majoring in political science.

------------------
Brian R
'69 Malibu Coupe
What's a zz4?

#13 ·
Well, I am 18 and a freshman at UNCC...soon to hopefully be working at Hendrick Motorsports and proud owner of a 69 Chevelle SS...the quickest in town!!!

------------------
ACES member #3339
Owner of 69' Chevelle SS396

[This message has been edited by bigyellow (edited 03-14-2000).]

#14 ·
20, currently working as an "office assistant" (read go-fer) at a local Dr.'s office. Also, clean said office after hours for car money. Leave for Navy in June, where I will HOPEFULLY become a nuclear technician, provided I can remember enough chemistry to make it through
. Married, with a dog, a cat, and (so far) 1 Chevelle.

------------------

Eric Taylor
'72 350 Malibu
Soon to be an SS
www.geocities.com/eandbtaylor/

[This message has been edited by ETAYLOR72 (edited 03-14-2000).]

#15 ·
44 Married (2nd time) 6 children, 3 grandchildren. Owner of a painting contracting companey. Also raise show pigeons (modenas) as a hobby.

------------------
Walter Momaney Jr. ACES # 1898
Team Chevelle # 581, 69SS ,

#665 ·
47 Married one daughter and one grand-daughter, High Vacuum, RF/DC ,sputter/etch technician. (Western Digital)
I used to raise pigeons in my youth (racers), I remember modenas as having large chests and shorter wings. Is that correct Walter? I used to love to watch my birds fly, great therapy!

BTW: I have an ash gold metallic 68 Chevelle.

44 Married (2nd time) 6 children, 3 grandchildren.
Owner of a painting contracting company. Also raise show pigeons (modenas) as a hobby.

------------------
Walter Momaney Jr. ACES # 1898
Team Chevelle # 581, 69SS ,

#16 ·
My name is Dan, I will be married this August, I am a mechanic at Ryder Truck Rental & Leasing, and yes, I have a Chevelle addiction!!

BTW, 24 yrs old

#19 ·
I'm 36 the last time I checked (it comes up fast), a NAVY vet from the USS Eisenhower, a mechanical engineer for an industrial service company (HydroChem), and I work too many hours to adequately enjoy the addiction to my 70 Chevelle. No kids, no wife, and a 26x56 garage filled with toys!

------------------
1970 Chevelle SS Clone 502-540HP-560ft-lb
1992 Trans Am Conv(4Sale),1992 Taurus SHO
Please visit my homepage sswinger.home.att.net/
sswinger@worldnet.att.net
Team Chevelle Member #521, ACES #1994

#20 ·
i'm 32 , married nine years to a girl i met cruising and now have two kids , hannah and waylon . i work at the beam mill caster at nucor steel berkeley making I-beams and getting burned alot

------------------

#21 ·
I'm 17, and a Junior in high school in Carrollton, GA. Learning somethin new about my chevelle every day (mostly because of this site and the very helpful folks on it)and lovin every minute of workin on it.

------------------
Joe Scott
72 Chevelle 350/TH350
Red w/black int
Black vinyl top

#22 ·
34, single, and a bodyman/painter/mechanic by trade. (with a 32x48 polebarn full of projects)

------------------
'70 LS6
'69 Camaro Indy Pace Car
'68 Elky 396/375 M22
'69 Chevelle SS396/375
Wanted- '70 GTO Judge!

#25 ·
I'm 33, A Technical Sergeant in the US Air Force stationed at Edwards AFB Ca. I'm the NCOIC of a AGE (Aerospace Ground Equipment) shop.
Married, no kids, just a big ole' mean dog. A work-a-holic and I have tooooo many toys and not enough time to enjoy them.

------------------
JR
70 396SS El Camino #'s Matching.
69 396SS Chevelle, project "Street Bruiser"
H-D Ultra Classic E-Glide
72 Chevy C20 Flatbed, $500 DRMO sale. Thanks Uncle Sam
I live to own toyz...

#26 ·
Okay, I'll Bite......I'm 32, married nine years and have a beautiful 3 yr. old daughter(Taylor Rose). I'm an Oncology Clinical Research Associate which means I place newly diagnosed Cancer Patients into Clinical trials for the best treatment that is currently available. I'm a 66 SS nut, I'm a member of both, ACES and NCOA. and currently going through withdrawl from selling my 66, hope to be back in the saddle in the next few months with an even nicer one!!

------------------
The Mystery Chevelle is sold, but not forgotten..

Thanks for the Good Times