Finally got my Chevelle - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Welcome Forum Stop in and introduce yourself.

Old Apr 5th, 12, 1:40 PM
Senior Tech Team
Ethan

Default Re: Finally got my Chevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by von View Post
I'd paint it Argent Silver below the moldings like factory original and put the Malibu double pinstripe down the side, but that's just me. I like the look of original '69 Malibus. Apparently not too many others do. To each his own. If you remove the moldings and clips you're left with holes and studs all the way down the sides where the moldings were.
Welcome to TC!

What Von said. I think it would look nice this way. It's your car though. Do what you want with it.

1972 Chevelle
(oo________oo)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 5th, 12, 1:51 PM
Tech Team
Henry

Welcome to the site and congrats on the 69. It's my second favorite year Chevelle too!
Old Apr 5th, 12, 3:52 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ken

Von is right, but with the 350 badging and the original style ss stripe will stand out. My vote is either keep it as is or get rid of the badges, chrome molding, add the stripe and ss hood. That would look kick ass!
Old Apr 5th, 12, 6:33 PM
Steve

Well I appreciate both the welcome to TC, and all the suggestions and comments. I consider everyones opinion valid and with merits.
So, since I'm off to Maui come monday morning, I'll have some "kick back" reflection time to think about what direction i"m going with the car. The SS hood is definitely going to happen though.
In all honesty though, I'm still just a bit overwhelmed that I've finally managed to get a car that I have wanted for a long long time. Just to let you all know, the first car I ever drove on a road( I was about 15 years old) was my best friends 69 copo chevelle. It was originally ordered by racer Buck Kinney, and I was hooked on chevelles from that day since.
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Welcome Forum      Current Topic: Finally got my Chevelle
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.