Team Chevelle banner

Lets see some Beaumonts

49K views 105 replies 45 participants last post by  gman628 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#78 · (Edited by Moderator)
Updated photo my buddy shot. Anyone in calgary or area looking for a photo shoot of there ride, shoot me a message. This was taken at 6:00am in a little town called Bragg creek.

View attachment 219074

#81 · (Edited)
Pictured below - my first 1967 Beaumont Custom - purchased in 1976, was an original paint Verde Green (Canada-only color), 6 cylinder with only 44,000 miles, powerglide & black bench seat interior.
- I cut all the rust out and made full length door bottoms for it with a chunk of railroad track/C-clamp Vice-Grips and formed it with a Snap-On #BF604 body hammer (I bought with my summer job wages, purchased 4 decades ago, still my favorite hand tool)
- drivers side needed a Cross-Canada half quarter panel, what a POS flat stamping it turned out to be
- left quarter bottom and half of wheel arch lip was hand made and 19 gauge repair panels were Oxy/Acy brazed on
(I was proud of my brazing repair work, welding complete while keeping warpage to a bare minimum...passenger side still looked straight)
- front fender bottoms were patched along with one front fender on the battery tray side of the car
- less body work on the trunk lid edge was needed

And I spray painted the hardtop in our farm implement garage, after wetting down the concrete floor...got Beaumont on the road, in 1977.
- a London Motor Products car, originally...if I remember correctly
- and the only original paint Verde Green Beaumont, I would ever come across

Was our every day driver for 6 straight years, and the last trip we made was to the 1984 NCOA nations, held that year in Warren MI.
- but with 115,000 miles, finally the harmonic balancer puked on the straight six and the motor was garbage
- car was stored inside another 20 years, and sold 10 years ago
My first Beaumont always held a spot in my heart, and would spark my enthusiasm into collecting a handful of these V8 Canadian hardtops.

1967 Beaumont parked on family farm, our backyard body shop was in the top left corner of photo (from 1988):
- I often regretted not returning it to the original green or making a full color change.

"Green machine" was stored inside 20 years, and sold 10 years ago - bye bye old friend:

#82 ·
I have had that picture of the green Beaumont shown above on my computer for years. I had forgotten where it came from. My Chevelle is Verde Green with the same sort of stuff as yours, black bench seat, 6 & Powerglide :boring: , but I ain't changing it. I see that your car appears to have the 2-tone moldings, were they on the car in a solid paint colour?
I remember a guidance councellor when I was in grade 8 owned a car like that as well except that it also had a black vinyl roof cover on it. That car was getting pretty rusty by 1977/78.

#83 ·
WOW, I would never of guessed Cam...glad you like.

I believe the Verde Green must be REALLY rare, a Canadian only color in '67...someone said on the Canadian Poncho forum.
- you Beaumont is only the 2nd one in that color I'm aware of now
- not a scientific stat...but I've collected '66-67 hardtops for 40 years now
Cam - I wouldn't change a thing either...that color grows on me.

My Beaumont was an original paint/low miles, when purchased out of London, ON.
The 2-tone roof moldings was always there, minus the vinyl top option - I really liked this look...a rare trim option I suppose, on a painted roof hardtop.

I got a 1967 Beaumont SD (red on black w/buckets, 396-350HP, M21, 411-12 bolt) that took me 10 straight years to find.
Back before the internet days...former Western Canada SK car.
- when it gets restored, tough to decide if the 2-tone roof trim should be added, for extra bling
- I recently found an 1989 photo of my Sport Deluxe, will get it scanned and posted here

#84 · (Edited)
This '67 Beaumont SD was an elusive 10 year search, finding it locally in 1987.
- red on black w/buckets & console, 396-350HP, M21, 12 bolt-411's, big block hood, factory tachometer...1 of 451 Canadian models produced

The husband street raced the Sport Deluxe for 6 years and his wife took a bank manager job promotion in London. Car was only in Ontario for 2 weeks, when I spotted it. I was driving through St. Thomas on my drive home from work...only 5 blocks, to home.
- so if I leave work a minute sooner or one minute later, I would have never found it.
I saw the quarter panel louvers and my heart began to pound, and like a maniac, I did a quick turn-around in someones driveway and headed after the 1967, in hot pursuit.

Luckily, I didn't have to run any red lights (LOL) and he pulled into a Mack's convience store.
When I walked up to the car, saw the strato buckets, through the back window, yes all the SD trim there, BB hood, 4 gear...very nice, I thought.
Owner was already in the store, getting directions from the clerk...his buddy was in the passenger seat.
In the trunk was a vacuum clearer...he had just took a carpet cleaning job..and didn't know his way around / and needed a car that was now better on gas.

Owner comes out, and I have him pop the hood...there is the 350 HP mill (w/Holley cast intake) and the driver side chrome valve cover is factory dimpled as used to clear the Nova power brake booster...I am liking what I see.
Inside, the buckets had no foam left, with blankets on the springs / but this is a 4 sp console car with Competition Plus shifter, factory tack, two factory under dash switches (one for radio speakers and one for rear defrost)

Even before I bought the SD, I purchased a spare BB hood w/louver (Arizona tin found locally), an extremely rare Beaumont speed warning speedometer (w/ivory ball), both rear SD die cast horizontal trim (one NOS piece), one new front fender eyebrow aluminum trim from GM and an original disk brake setup with PB booster & master cylinder w/proportional valve (from a restored SD, that was smashed head on into a tree...1 of 40 per 1967 production numbers). Plus some USA sheet metal:
- picked up one good Chevelle door with full green tinted glass, that came out of a house basement (at TN junk yard) when I was on vacation 20 years ago (I was hopeful of getting an SD sometime, just didn't know when, so I started to collect parts).
- one mint Chevelle front fender from a bankruptcy auction, I waited all day at...my winning bid was $35, no one else could properly identified year/make of rust free panel
(a few locals, were the shill bidders...:D...and out of there comfort zone, in jacking up the price far enough)

PS - the occupant floor pans, are still in excellent shape (under the carpet, no rust and nice original red factory paint)...SD needs trunk floor, outer wheel wells & rear 1/4's.
- last year picked up a NOS driver side rear GM quarter panel...found in a barn since 1983
- and NOS Beaumont rocker panel trim, 1 year Canadian item that differs from Chevelle piece, in paint color

And finally, the 1967 Beaumont Sport Deluxe (originally from Western Canada, SK) - hardtop stored in an insulated garage ever since, after photo was take in 1988:
- setting on 14" original Olds 442 Rally II rims with Firestone 721 radial tires
- wheels were takeoffs from my green machine, to get through a safety check & drive it the summer of '87
Cosmetic - swapped a nice pair of original strato buckets, rear seat, carpets and steering column out of a 1967 Beaumont Custom parts car.
- to spruce up the black interior, and keep it looking original and more respectable

I bought my first 1965 Chevelle 2 door post car (6 cyl. with original Danube dark blue paint) around 1973 - and immediately fell in love with the "A" bodies...when in high school.
As a Beaumont hobbiest, I have owned 10 hardtops from the 1967 model year (over the decades)...0.01% of model year production...LOL

My current Chevelle/Beaumont fleet of unrestored 2 door hardtops (all moth-balled in year round/insulated storage, for decades):
1) 1965 Malibu Super Sport, 283-V8 with rare 2 tone blue interior & buckets
2) 1966 Beaumont Custom, 283-V8 original Danube blue paint, bench seat car w/75K original miles
3) 1967 Beaumont Custom, 283-V8 bench seat car, PS, PB
4) 1967 Beaumont Custom, 283-V8 original paint Marina blue & strato bucket seat interior w/65K original miles
5) 1967 Beaumont SD (pictured above)

#86 · (Edited by Moderator)
some Updated photos for you pleasure.

If ANYONE in the Calgary or area, heck even country wide, wants to have a photo shot of there car feel free and shoot me a PM. A good friend of mine does this on the side for money. I think he's got a pretty good eye to shoot a brown car with basically original paint and parts. the quality has been greatly reduced from the original to be able to post.

View attachment 233842

View attachment 233850

View attachment 233858

View attachment 233866

View attachment 233874

View attachment 233882

View attachment 233890

#98 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Fridgeguy;

This is indeed the Regina car that had a lame 350 in it. Everything else with the car was solid for stock.
I put a BBC in it in 2014 and made the seriously wrong decision to put EFI on a high duration cammed
built 575HP engine. The shop that did install didn't know anything about what an EFI swap doesn't like

Let's just say high duration and narrow LSA don't work with FAST EFI 2.0. Too much reversion and a
host of other running problems caused over fueling and consequently 2 blown engines with wiped bearings.

So I had this nice Beaumont with no engine, torch or change gears. I had originally intended to do an LS2
swap out of a 2005 GTO/Corvette but got talked out of it for BBC. Last winter we went with GM crate
LS3/480 4L70E and suspension work and bigger tires, it runs great and handles really well for a 50 year
old A body. I am now happy with my car finally.

I responded to youtube vid of your's a few years ago concerning EFI, I hope you've got your cars running
strong. Thanks for the comments......... this show your Beaumonts, not crap on another guys car.

#99 ·
Been there and done that with EFI. Lost two engines too. Went with carbs and all is good, better driveability now. So where are you located?

#100 ·
Not sure I posted my Beaumont for critique, however, I chose the wheels as something
different than the ubiquitous spokes, they are sort of similar to the old rodder Halibrands
from back in the drag days......50 years ago and they look great on the car, a nice contrast.
Had I photographed the car staged in the sun with my DSLR and a high res image the paint
would be better represented, it's looking off because of shadow and shade.
I'd be happy to assess your car.

#104 ·
well the 383 is getting re done as it filled with fuel on the dyno...twice right the the throttle blades and it's got a tunnel ram so thats a lot of fuel. Burns oil, about a litre per 100 km. Beaumont engine (406) is in the Camaro as it's more of a daily driver. Have fun with your Beaumont and I like the wheels too. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.