Team Chevelle banner

Figures nothing ever works out right for me..

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  136679ss 
#1 ·
Today right before my 1pm lunch hour, I ordered the rest of the stuff I needed for my motor to be assemble, Oil Pan, Pickup, Pump, Timing Chain, and Cover........I was happy, its actually going to become a reality....

An hour later...

I am driving the Chevelle back to work, because two days ago something electrical in my 95 took a crap....Well right before I pull into the parking lot at work I hear an all too familiar nose... turns out my front driverside tire is flat. Wonderful.. now where to get the money to pay for that. It is a BF Goodrich G-Force tire 255/40/17's. Yeah...for me.. Its 100 out side and I get to 1.) figure out how to get the car home 2.)Find a place that will have that tire (if it cannot be repaired) in stock around town. Thats not going to happen.

Happy Happy Joy Joy....

Big D

#2 ·
If you didn't tear a hole in the sidewall it should be able to be fixed at least temporarily. My luck is I usually tear a hole in the side wall. I have a like new 38 inch offroad tire as planter. It even had half the side wall covers in tread and got cut above that. :sad:

Good Luck.

#4 ·
Reminds me of the time the trans drail plug fell out of my Geo Storm when I was in the middle of no where... Walked an hour to the nearest gas station to buy ATF, back to the car, I found a marble in the glove box, and some duct tape behind the seat... Put em together, and BAM, you got a new drain plug... :yes:

That's too bad ChaosEnvy. I've been in that situation all too many times... I bet it will be fixable. I ended up stabbing one of my G-Force radials in the side wall with the tire machine trying to get it off... I was sad.

#8 ·
No such luck on the tire patch... The entire circumference of the tire where the side wall meet the treat was split open on the inside. I kept wondering why the air compressor wasn't filling my tire up. Now, I can't find one anywhere in town.

Its a 255/45/17 Gforce T/a

I have only found 245/45/17, but I can only afford one right now.

this sucks royally... Big D

#9 ·
Well... I guess I lucked out a bit.. after running down to the tire shop, he looked threw some used tires and found a Falken ZR Rated tire in 245/45/17 and gave it to me mounted and balanced for 40.00. Guess that'll door for limping around when necessary.

Big D

#10 ·
Happy Happy Joy Joy....

Big D
Welp, if the tires are as old as that quote I understand why it's flat.:D Quit watching re-runs of Ren and Stimpy and go get some new tires. Seriously as was previously mentioned, if you didnt tear the sidwall you should be able to patch it. good luck.
Edit: whoops didn't see you're most recent post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.