Turn & Burn TV show - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

Old Sep 4th, 13, 7:31 PM
Tech Team
Scott

Default Re: Turn & Burn TV show

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaderrik View Post
i have no idea what you are talking about... the only car related shows that are worth a crap are on the Powerblock..
So, no Fast N' Loud or Fantom Works where you live? Probably why I've never seen Turn N' Burn where I live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 13, 8:37 PM
Team Member
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Didn't he say he was from South Carolina or something? Why does he sound like 1/3 Cajun, 1/3 Homie and 1/3 redneck?

Worst - show - ever!

There's no way in hell any person, regardless of brains or lack thereof would buy that semi rare Pontiac (where are you going to get parts on short notice?) not been driven in many years, have no idea if the drive train isn't toasted, not even gone through to look at electrical, brakes, etc....and decide that it needs to be "auction ready" in 4 days....while working on other projects. I couldn't even finish the show to see the embarrassment of a car they ended up with. will never watch again.
NOT from SC.
TC #1108
Old Sep 4th, 13, 9:48 PM
Senior Tech Team
Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becker View Post
So, no Fast N' Loud or Fantom Works where you live? Probably why I've never seen Turn N' Burn where I live.
i avoid the Ass Monkey Garage idiots, and never heard of Fantom Works... like i said, the only car related tv that's worth a crap right now is the Powerblock on Spike.. but i did catch the end of what the on screen guide says was a brand new episode of Monster Garage the other day, so all is not lost..

-Hank Hill
Old Sep 4th, 13, 10:27 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Davey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becker View Post
don't worry about it...Derrick is still upset they cancelled Car 54 Where Are You...

SloMo...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa13syTsA0E

'67 Chevelle 509 hyd roller
3.89's
9.44 best mph 141.30
5.97 best mph 114.44
3520 lbs
Straub/Foxwell
prepared by:
Nassimbene
&
Trubey

E-Store at
crazydaveyracing.com

Davey..
TC Gold Level Know it All
Old Sep 4th, 13, 10:29 PM
Senior Tech Team
Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydavey View Post
don't worry about it...Derrick is still upset they cancelled Car 54 Where Are You...
that was like 20 years before i was even born..

edit: 11 years before i was born..

i just don't like stupid tv shows... the only car related shows on tv that aren't stupid are in a 2 hour block at 8am on saturday on Spike..

-Hank Hill
Old Sep 4th, 13, 10:29 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Didn't he say he was from South Carolina or something? Why does he sound like 1/3 Cajun, 1/3 Homie and 1/3 redneck?

x2..........Hard to listen to. I heard a little bit of Jessie Jackson in there too....like he was preaching a sermon at times.
Old Sep 4th, 13, 10:38 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Davey

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaderrik View Post
that was like 20 years before i was even born..

edit: 11 years before i was born..

i just don't like stupid tv shows... the only car related shows on tv that aren't stupid are in a 2 hour block at 8am on saturday on Spike..
you're such a kid....yeah the pickings are pretty bad these days...I have to admit I do kinda like the Monkey guys though..I don't think they take themselves very seriously...they're stellar compared to Fantom Works..that guy has no idea and he is serious...I never seem to be watching TV when the Powerblock thing is on...

SloMo...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa13syTsA0E

'67 Chevelle 509 hyd roller
3.89's
9.44 best mph 141.30
5.97 best mph 114.44
3520 lbs
Straub/Foxwell
prepared by:
Nassimbene
&
Trubey

E-Store at
crazydaveyracing.com

Davey..
TC Gold Level Know it All
Old Sep 4th, 13, 11:24 PM
Senior Tech Team
Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydavey View Post
you're such a kid....yeah the pickings are pretty bad these days...I have to admit I do kinda like the Monkey guys though..I don't think they take themselves very seriously...they're stellar compared to Fantom Works..that guy has no idea and he is serious...I never seem to be watching TV when the Powerblock thing is on...
dvr is your friend..

-Hank Hill
Old Sep 4th, 13, 11:54 PM
Tech Team
John

I stand corrected...."Brother JD" is originally from southern Maryland per the Discovery Channel Website. I think the person who said he sounds like a preacher hit the nail on the head. The cadence of his speech along with the accent sounds is annoying as heck. I'm sure he was trying to seem like a "character' but it seems very fake.

I haven't hated a program this much in a long time. Usually I'm just indifferent.

I think that GasMonkey turns out cars at times that are (barely) polished turds too. They also do some nicer stuff. I watch because they are just more likable. Your opinion may vary. I thought the Dale Jr Nomad was pretty nice. When they got the car, I was sure they were just going to do a scuff and shoot, but it was stripped to bare metal. Color was a bit putrid but it otherwise a nice, tasteful car.
Old Sep 5th, 13, 6:09 AM
Team Member
Lloyd

I like the Gas Monkey guys. Like others said, they don't take themselves seriously.

The Dale Earnhardt Jr. Nomad was nice.

It's just entertainment, not technical.

I like Fantomworks too. They turn out some nice cars and the owner is particular about doing things right. Yes, there's scripted drama in these shows. Gotta' take the good with the bad.
Old Sep 5th, 13, 6:40 AM
Senior Tech Team
Dave

I saw the Gas Monkey guys in Reno a few weeks back. They seemed like good guys, didn't snub anyone, talked to people, took pics etc. I saw both of them at the hotel later and Richard jumped out of a Shelby, jumped off the ground a couple inches and pulled his pants up about 5 inches. He would fit in just fine around here.
Old Sep 5th, 13, 9:50 PM
Tech Team
Wayne

I thought the Dale Jr car was nice that Gas Monkey did. They are a little over the top at times ,but at least it's a car show that's how I see it.
Old Sep 5th, 13, 10:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

First I have ever heard of it. These shows need to take hint from old shows like Rides and some of those biker buildoff type shows. Very little drama geared towards an audience that could give a sh(t less about that crap and is tuned in to see the story about the vehicle(s) in question and how they are built.

These networks are trying way to hard to come up with some sort of gearhead type show with relying heavily on the drama way too much.

The only show right now im holding out for is Gearz. Stacy is supposed to be announcing the new network they made a deal with on the show and it sounds like it may be making it to basic cable.

When the Boogeyman goes to bed, he checks the closet for Chuck Norris.

If it aint broke, just give me a minute.
Old Sep 6th, 13, 12:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrc View Post
I like the Gas Monkey guys. Like others said, they don't take themselves seriously.

The Dale Earnhardt Jr. Nomad was nice.

It's just entertainment, not technical.

I like Fantomworks too. They turn out some nice cars and the owner is particular about doing things right. Yes, there's scripted drama in these shows. Gotta' take the good with the bad.
Yeah it was nice for a daily driver they put it together with the bare metal surface rusted interior floor and some everyday type parts. There's a hundred people on TC here who could do a better job for $75K.Also,certainly Dale jr. could afford a better engine than a crate SBC.I've seen write ups on two of his Camaro's he definately had no say so in this build.
AND...fantomworks what a ripoff,they charged a soldier stationed in Afganistan $99,000. for a 63 Impala convertable rebuild.That guy could have bought 2 or maybe 3 impala's for that kind of money.Way to support our troops there buddy, I can't stand the way this guy just spits out high numbers for a build-up.I know resto work is expensive but it should be sound financially for the customer also.Every car they do is overpriced.
IMO they are using those kind of prices to give these reality show's more unreality like appeal.
Old Nov 27th, 13, 11:38 AM
Tech Team
tim

tough crowd! i guess im the only guy here that started buying cheap cars in the 70's and throwin a few hundred bucks into them and turnin them around... the high dollar build shows are nice but way over produced and unreachable by those of us out here with real jobs. i like most all the shows, fast and loud and overhaulin are entertaining,even car fix and all girls garage are better than most stuff on the air today. but after having a hard time at first with turn and burn i got hooked... a guy that owns a shop thats a couple weeks from bankruptcy im more inclined to relate to than chasing classic cars or wheeler dealers. i guess it depends on how and when and where you were raised. plus brother jd cracks me up. and im a california hillbilly...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Information Exchange > Bench Racing      Current Topic: Turn & Burn TV show
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.