Interest in outlaw Chevelle gathering?? - Page 5 - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Team Chevelle Cruiz-ins Get-togethers, Announcements, Shows & Events

Old Dec 27th, 12, 11:21 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
leo

Default Re: Interest in outlaw Chevelle gathering??

Mid June I cannot do, our show is only two weeks after and there is still much to do then. Sorry.
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
progress has little to do with speed, but lots to do with direction
www.mdchevelleclub.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 28th, 12, 12:19 AM
Gold Member
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Saville View Post
Alan,
Can an interactive blog type scenario be created on TC that allows interested attendees to RSVP in an effort to establish a head count? I know nothing about blogs or I'd volunteer to set it up.

I agree with Chuck, what starts out to be a casual relaxing get together can become a labor monster really quick. Activities I'd like to see are: visitin and sippin, show n shine of the cars, visitin, eatin, and more sippin and visitin.
I think you've hit the perfect combo, Les! I'm in regardless, but I think keeping it fairly simple will keep it a lot more fun....
Old Dec 28th, 12, 10:13 AM
Gold Member
Gene

My point using the open field and jug of hooch analogy - the more building out, the more liability and coordination, and soon it becomes an organized event, without the organization!

K.I.S.S. is the rule. If it wasnt TN in June ( potentially HOT!), I'd say an industrial parking lot open for the weekend, prefreably with a few porta-johns already on site is all we need for the actual gathering. ( although somewhow I am picturing an open grassy field with good drainage and an already built BBQ pit! )

Many clubs, ours included, set organized events up at a single hotel and use their lots for the event. BUT that gets into rates, room blocks AND CONTRACTs! Its a good model as all the folks are together, but its not do-able in an outlaw format.

Some coordination on essentials, rally point, some food /water, potty area, adequate sleeping quarters, are all that is required.( Army field exersize stuff) And someone may/will end up taking some financial risk - outlaw or not.

Leo, indeed which is why I always have to choose between the MCC show and the ACES show.

BTW, off topic, but whats with all the hyperlinks all of a sudden?!
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
Old Dec 28th, 12, 11:44 AM
Gold Founding Member

I understand the points you guys raise and just trying to jawbone it to get all the feelings and emotions out there before anything develops concretely. As to the date, I am personally flexible.

I manage a large group of disparate people and usually have to build consensus to get anything done. I do that by breaking things down to common denominators and common obstacles. If the graying of our group is part of the problem, then having it during the school year should not be a problem. I've heard heat commonly mentioned as a reason not to attend as well as conflicts with other events. What about if this was like a kick off event for car show season and it was in April? Everyone who has been working on their cars over the winter could get their first showing and informal critique of their peers?

As to blog, I will see what I can do. I'm really thankful to hear that there is a chorus, even if a small one, that is interested.

SSuper Dave emailed me about giving it a name. I agree other than calling it an Outlaw event which seemed to fit at the time. He proposed and I endorse (simply) Chevelle Reunion (CR for short).
Old Dec 28th, 12, 2:41 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

You're never going to get everyone to agree on the dates. You're just not. I mean absolutely no disrespect to Leo, but if having another car show two weeks later is a barrier for him, he's just not that interested in coming.

My opinion is that sticking as closely as possible to the traditional early June dates makes the most sense.
Old Dec 28th, 12, 3:11 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

My recollection is that Chevellabration has always begun on either the 1st or 2nd Thursday in June, which in 2013 would be June 6 or June 13. Alan, since you're kind of driving this bus, I think you (maybe with Chuck's blessing )should just pick one of those two dates and call it. Those who can make it, great, those who can't, we apologize, but the sooner you call the date the better I think the chances are of successfully pulling this off.

JMHO
Old Dec 28th, 12, 3:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Joseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia69 View Post
My recollection is that Chevellabration has always begun on either the 1st or 2nd Thursday in June, which in 2013 would be June 6 or June 13. Alan, since you're kind of driving this bus, I think you (maybe with Chuck's blessing )should just pick one of those two dates and call it. Those who can make it, great, those who can't, we apologize, but the sooner you call the date the better I think the chances are of successfully pulling this off.

JMHO
X2.
Just set a date and roll with it.

1972 Chevelle SS 454 LS5 "W" Code Convertible
Sequoia Green White Top and Interior
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...enWVert005.jpg
1970 Chevelle SS 396 "L78" 4 Speed Coupe
Black with Black Bucket Interior
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...JoesL78015.jpg

Other Stuff....
http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj139/josephfarrow/
Old Dec 28th, 12, 3:37 PM
Team Member
Geno

Simlicity,as to what Les had in his original post under the saving ACES blog. In respect to Les as I use his name I am not speaking for him,just myself from my interpretation of his past post. His idea was a good one,I thought. We should just get together and sit a spell and talk,bringing your Chevelle is only an option,getting together is the cause. Make it simple for this gathering,what may or may not come of it is another subject. From this meeting back at Goodlettesville may form a regional event,I do not know. I realize I am not in the incrowd but I am good with that and my position of where I am I have a driver car,never to be a show car. I have had them in the past and I am to old to care. That is why I got involved with Chevlleabration nine years ago,a show car was not a prerequsite and good people came and freindships were made.With that my view is to keep it simple for now no negatives but positives are needed to make this work. Keep the friendships binding and try to keep this one event simple for now.
Old Dec 28th, 12, 5:18 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan F View Post
I understand the points you guys raise and just trying to jawbone it to get all the feelings and emotions out there before anything develops concretely. As to the date, I am personally flexible.

I manage a large group of disparate people and usually have to build consensus to get anything done. I do that by breaking things down to common denominators and common obstacles. If the graying of our group is part of the problem, then having it during the school year should not be a problem. I've heard heat commonly mentioned as a reason not to attend as well as conflicts with other events. What about if this was like a kick off event for car show season and it was in April? Everyone who has been working on their cars over the winter could get their first showing and informal critique of their peers?

As to blog, I will see what I can do. I'm really thankful to hear that there is a chorus, even if a small one, that is interested.

SSuper Dave emailed me about giving it a name. I agree other than calling it an Outlaw event which seemed to fit at the time. He proposed and I endorse (simply) Chevelle Reunion (CR for short).
When you come up with a final name for the event, why don't you start a "coming - yes or no" poll ?

Gold Founding Member #3
My 69 SS
My 70 Convertible
Mid America Chevelle Club #01
Old Dec 28th, 12, 5:35 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
JOHN

As much as I would like to come to this reunion Im probably going to schedule myself for the Hotrod Reunion in Bowling Green as my wife wants to go and Ive always wanted to go too but I will watch this post to see what happens .And I am one of those Chuck mentioned holding a hotel room from last CB.
Old Dec 28th, 12, 11:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
leo

Thumbs down Re: Interest in outlaw Chevelle gathering??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia69 View Post
You're never going to get everyone to agree on the dates. You're just not. I mean absolutely no disrespect to Leo, but if having another car show two weeks later is a barrier for him, he's just not that interested in coming.

My opinion is that sticking as closely as possible to the traditional early June dates makes the most sense.

Not to mention the 15 hour drive, how long of a drive is it for you? I have been twice, in 1999 and 2000. I am retired and have limited income to spend on Hotels and gasoline and am/was going to have to reconsider my club memberships in 2013 and my ACES dues were paid til Feb of 2014, so you can kiss my behind. I worked in the heat and humidity for 46 years and it gets way old too fast these days, I don't even go outside in the heat except to mow the lawn with my rider.
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
progress has little to do with speed, but lots to do with direction
www.mdchevelleclub.com
Old Dec 29th, 12, 10:26 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoP View Post
Not to mention the 15 hour drive, how long of a drive is it for you? I have been twice, in 1999 and 2000. I am retired and have limited income to spend on Hotels and gasoline and am/was going to have to reconsider my club memberships in 2013 and my ACES dues were paid til Feb of 2014, so you can kiss my behind. I worked in the heat and humidity for 46 years and it gets way old too fast these days, I don't even go outside in the heat except to mow the lawn with my rider.
I think Alan was looking for constructive ideas.

My 69 Chevelle Convertible

AACA Grand National
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist
Eckler's Winternationals Gold
4 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class
MCACN Gold
Old Dec 29th, 12, 10:36 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69SHEVL View Post
I think Alan was looking for constructive ideas.
I would think that the reasons people won't come would be of interest also when planing such an event.

Gold Founding Member #3
My 69 SS
My 70 Convertible
Mid America Chevelle Club #01
Old Dec 29th, 12, 10:42 AM
Gold Founding Member

As was said above, it's going to be impossible to please everyone. It doesn't mean that you don't want to but that's what leadership is about, making the best decisions. I'll keep floating this thread through the holidays to get as much exposure as possible. Then, I will start a series of polls to fine tune the agenda. Thank you all for your contributions. Please keep adding to it if you have something to say.
Old Dec 29th, 12, 10:43 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I would think that the reasons people won't come would be of interest also when planing such an event.
I don't think the "kiss my behind" comment is constructive.

My 69 Chevelle Convertible

AACA Grand National
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist
Eckler's Winternationals Gold
4 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class
MCACN Gold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Team Chevelle > Team Chevelle Cruiz-ins      Current Topic: Interest in outlaw Chevelle gathering??
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.