Parts do not work from OPGI - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Original Parts Group Incorporated Original Parts Group Incorporated

Old Aug 23rd, 12, 5:23 AM
Senior Tech Team

Default Re: Parts do not work from OPGI

I stopped using OPGI in 2006 when they repeatedly lied over the phone.

Too many vendors with good service to put up with the OPGI b.s.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 24th, 12, 1:26 AM
Tech Team
Steve

Send a message via Yahoo to Malibusteve70

Quote:
Originally Posted by 658Chevy View Post
I stopped using OPGI in 2006 when they repeatedly lied over the phone.

Too many vendors with good service to put up with the OPGI b.s.
Agreed
Old Nov 27th, 12, 6:31 PM
GW

I purchased a rubber floor shift boot & retainer ring from OPGI as a set, when they arrived the holes in the 2 pieces didn't match no matter which way I turned them. I called OPGI and got to return them, BUT I was told that once they got them back they would try and match the holes in their shop, and guess what? I was told they matched perfectly.
Being 64, you can believe this, I've seen my share of "all kinds of holes", and these DID NOT MATCH... And I say to you my fellow Chevellians "DOWN with OPGI"!!
Old Nov 27th, 12, 7:07 PM
Tech Team
Anthony

This odd because I have never had a problem with anything I have bought from them. I placed a pretty big order from them a couple months ago that included some 2" front drop springs. I installed the springs but I thought the car sat too low in front so I removed them and brought them back and exchanged them for the 1" drop springs. Not a problem.
Old Nov 29th, 12, 5:01 PM
Gold Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB '67 View Post
I purchased a rubber floor shift boot & retainer ring from OPGI as a set, when they arrived the holes in the 2 pieces didn't match no matter which way I turned them. I called OPGI and got to return them, BUT I was told that once they got them back they would try and match the holes in their shop, and guess what? I was told they matched perfectly.
Being 64, you can believe this, I've seen my share of "all kinds of holes", and these DID NOT MATCH... And I say to you my fellow Chevellians "DOWN with OPGI"!!
I've got two Chevelle consoles made for OPGI sitting in my basement, never been installed. Put 'em back in the boxes, and shoved 'em in the corner. Been there for years. Bolt holes don't even begin to align.

Jucking funk. Worse, jucking funk made in China, but not labeled as such. OPGI finally admitted to me on the 'phone that the factory was Chinese.

Did you post in the correct forum?
Old Nov 29th, 12, 10:36 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Joseph

I dont get it. It is just as easy to make something right as it is to make it wrong.

1972 Chevelle SS 454 LS5 "W" Code Convertible
Sequoia Green White Top and Interior
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...enWVert005.jpg
1970 Chevelle SS 396 "L78" 4 Speed Coupe
Black with Black Bucket Interior
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...JoesL78015.jpg

Other Stuff....
http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj139/josephfarrow/
Old Nov 30th, 12, 10:14 AM
Gold Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972convss454 View Post
I dont get it. It is just as easy to make something right as it is to make it wrong.
No, you don't have to revise the molds as many times if you don't care whether the parts fit properly.

Old Dec 20th, 12, 11:52 AM
Jabin

Wow...I have spent a lot of time in retail and I also specialize in restoring OEM hard to find, non-reproduced interior parts and my advice to OPGI is to realize that $hit happens and since car guys often have a lot of contacts, and that bad news travels fast espescially in the internet age, they should write off a meager amount and offer a replacement of the correct part at their expense-you can't tell me they don't have a good profit margin-given that a majority of crap is Chinese made to begin with too. Every parts company should recognize that for whatever reason, mistakes happen and it's better to absorb the cost and make a customer happy who in the end will respect you and most likely be a return customer. Now if you bought a crate motor and failed to fill it with oil then started it and locked it up I can understand the no return thing-but, really...some bumper bolts-and their saying they can't make it right with you? Come on OPGI....
Old Feb 13th, 13, 11:57 AM
Rich

OPGI problems!! They don't stand behind what their sales people tell you when they give you the wrong information. I called 3 days after I made a purchase on line to cancel an order. The catalog said to allow 3 to 6 weeks delivery. The sales rep I talked to said " no problem canceling I'll take care of it for you". He called back 45 minutes later and said it was already on the truck and in transit so they couldn't cancel he order. Their written policy on the web site says you have 45 days to return a product you don't want unless it is states as "non refundable". That was not posted on my item. It said that shipping had to be paid up front but did not say that shipping was "non refundable".
I called VISA to file a complaint. They looked at the OPGI web site return policies and after talking to their head supervisor for 40 minutes she said that I should refuse acceptance of the part when it arrives and after 14 days that if OPGI has not refunded my money Visa would get it back for me. I called the General Manager, Jim Ferguson, to tell him this and he called me a LIER and said he didn't belieive I had talked to VISA. I then gave him the direct line PH # and name of the person. Then I told him I wanted the Ph# of the glass company to verify when they were called to cancel. He refused and hung up. Today my charges were reversed on my credit card. You should look at the other post about this company before ordering from them.
Old Feb 13th, 13, 12:06 PM
Gold Founding Member

OPGI = Crooks

They proved it to me years ago.

NEVER AGAIN!

Old Feb 16th, 13, 8:33 AM
Senior Tech Team
Hank

With the prices OPGI charges I can't see why anyone would even by from them. I'm finding a lot of these reproduction parts are junk no matter who you by them from.
Old Feb 16th, 13, 8:45 AM
Senior Tech Team
Eric Shunn

Repro parts are often not up to snuff, we know that, but dang, if I were OPGI, I would refund anyone who complained in full immediately (and not ask for the part back, if its junk why would I want it back?) and then work on either getting a better version of the part or not carrying it anymore.
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

SuperAndy's Garage

B and A Antiques
Old Feb 16th, 13, 11:04 AM
Gold Founding Member

Opgi makes many of the parts that are sold by other vendors too. I've had my issues with them too but in some categories, your choice is to buy an inferior repro or refurbish an old part. Anyone that thinks these repro parts are as engineered and built by GM (and its vendors) is doomed to be disappointed.

I would also say that years ago people were more happy to have something than nothing. Things have changed where I think that the repro parts are improving. You just need to do your homework. It would be good if there was a good database of known bad parts versus vendors because so many parts are single source.
Old Feb 16th, 13, 11:07 AM
Team Member
Bo

Default Parts do not work from OPGI

I don't order from them anymore either. What makes me laugh is the marketing language some of these companies use. "An exact reproduction of the original." Yeah right. The terms "exact" "reproduction" and "original" shouldn't even be used in the same sentence. It's an oxymoron.

Don't even get me started on their outrageous prices. OPGI seems to be the worst for that. Then pay shipping on top of it (and shipping back) if they even take it back. Now you're in a situation where you paid too much for the part to begin with, paid shipping, waited 5-7 days for it, and another 5-7 days shipping back. So you have a sub standard part you paid too much for that you battled for for 3 weeks?

I have gone to the local parts store more often these days. Still not original quality parts, but reasonably priced and I can return them no problem the same day if there is a problem and no shipping charges.

Also lucky that Speedway Motors is 5 minutes from where I work. They are excellent, prices are OK, and no problems with returns.

Research and waiting are 2/3 of the build in my experience.

Ever think how fast, easy, and fun it would be if you had every part you needed and it fit exactly right sitting on the shelf in your garage?
Old Feb 16th, 13, 12:12 PM
Gold Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrodebo View Post
Now you're in a situation where you paid too much for the part to begin with, paid shipping, waited 5-7 months for it, and another 5-7 days shipping back. So you have a sub standard part you paid too much for that you battled for most of a year.
Fixed it for you.

OPGI lies about backorder wait time, too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Supporting Vendors > Original Parts Group Incorporated      Current Topic: Parts do not work from OPGI
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.