WWII Bomber patches - Page 3 - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
2009 General Tech Forum from 2009
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

Old Jan 10th, 09, 11:56 PM
Senior Tech Team

Default Re: WWII Bomber patches

A friend of mine has got the leather coat his granddad wore when he flew a Spad biplane in WWI. He also has a big trunk full of other stuff his granddad brought home from the war. The absolutely coolest thing in the collection is the template he made for the very first "Oscar", 13th bomb squadron's mascot. It could very well be the same template used to paint the "Oscar" on this plane.
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 09, 12:10 AM
Tech Team
Ken

Thats so kool to see him painting those patches in that pic. I guess ill have to make 2 more patches the same color so I wont get razzed
Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 11th, 09, 11:47 AM
Tech Team

Fair enough. Just keep in mind the next time you see a 396 painted Chrysler Orange, that it is probably close enough.

Just giving you a hard time.
Old Jan 18th, 09, 8:03 PM
Tech Team
Ken

here is another patch I Just did! 323 bombardment sq the original is first! then my repro.

Old Jan 18th, 09, 8:45 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

I have to add a couple things here and will get back later with more details. I live in Cumming, GA now (3yrs) but was born and raised in South Jersey (Cherry Hill). I think someone mentioned the Wildwood airport. There is a museum there, but there is even a nicer one in Millville, NJ. I know, I worked at the airport (AirworK) for over 10 years. Anyway, my father (pilot) flew Madam Shoo Shoo on 13-14 missions and completed 23 missions before the end of the War. As a note his real name was (died 95) Adolph F Keskes, AND he was born in Berlin, NJ!! The inside joke with the crew, was the ships name was "Adolph from Berlin". I have alot of info on the 8th 385th bomb group, 551st squadron, if anyones interested.....take care, and "God Bless America's Greatest Generation"

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q211/jeffk609/
Old Jan 20th, 09, 10:01 AM
Tech Team
Ken

My jacket sould be in soon and ill put all this together. At least this is keeping me busy while the 70 Chevelle is at paint and body! here is the shoulder patch I will be using. I decided to go with Nine O Nine I didnt want a half naked women on my jacket as you cant wear it to church. Im a beliver in Christ Jesus and I cant see Jesus wearing a half naked woman on his jacket. hehe After all, what kind of an example is that for the young kids, I will post pics when its done.

Old Jan 20th, 09, 10:11 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bad Brad

Location: NSB Or Daytona Beach Shark Bite Capitol of the World

Very cool art work.
2009 AACA 1st Place National Junior Award
2009 AACA National Senior Award
ACES Chevellabration Top 3
2010 AACA First Place Grand National Award

Old Jan 20th, 09, 5:13 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychevelleman View Post
My jacket sould be in soon and ill put all this together. At least this is keeping me busy while the 70 Chevelle is at paint and body! here is the shoulder patch I will be using. I decided to go with Nine O Nine I didnt want a half naked women on my jacket as you cant wear it to church. Im a beliver in Christ Jesus and I cant see Jesus wearing a half naked woman on his jacket. hehe After all, what kind of an example is that for the young kids, I will post pics when its done.
But bombs for killing people are ok?

It always amuses me when people at airshows got so upset in the name of morality at the nudity that was on a B-24, but the plane itself that was designed for the sole purpose of killing people was ok. We've had the same discussion at a warbird board I'm on with a couple people citing Jesus for their objections to nose art photos being posted. They get REALLY bent out of shape about it. But they are all for posting photos of the planes shot down where the air crew obviously died, or photos from a bomb run of an aircraft raining death on all below.

One of my crew chief buddy's has a saying that I love. "These old planes were made for killing people and they've been doing it ever since."

Last edited by chadh5; Jan 20th, 09 at 5:26 PM.
Old Dec 14th, 12, 11:53 PM
Johnny

I love the old WW2 jackets with the art and unit patches, I have been collecting images of them unit designs for about 30 years, there were so many of them just in WW2 each branch of the services had thier own "distinct" and unique designs, a lot were done by Disney studios and other cartoon firms , but a lot were done by the unit people themselves or local artists where the units were based.
They ranged in type of maunfacture of cloth,felt,leather, siklscreened on canvas to directly painted onto the jackets , I'm an artist of them myself and enjoy making them for veterans and collectors.

I am still tracking down many of the 'Unofficial" unit emblems that were made then , either the colros and or details for them, it is a very fascnating and ongoing hobby I love very much and will never tire of !!!!!!!

I want to say my thanks to all those who have served and are srving for your much appreciated sacrifices for our country , you are the Greatest !!!!
Johnny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Team Chevelle > Archives > 2009      Current Topic: WWII Bomber patches
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.