Dome Lamp Question, Don't laugh!! - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Interiors Upholstery and soft trim

Old Apr 16th, 12, 12:48 PM
Tech Team
Bob

Default Dome Lamp Question, Don't laugh!!

Did all 1968 chevelles come with dome lights? The reason why I ask is I am replacing the headliner in my car and the dome light is missing. I can see where the mounting holes are and there is factory primer in them like the screws were never installed and no wiring harness. I would have thought that it would be standard equipment. The headliner is the 6 bow setup.

Gen Vi 450 hp 502

TH-400 B&M Holeshot 2800 stall, B&M shift kit

4:10 Posi 12 bolt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 16th, 12, 1:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Default Re: Dome Lamp Question, Don't laugh!!

Bob: Don't really know the answer but I'm with you and would think it would be standard equipment. I can give you some additional info however. You can check out your wiring harness and see if the wires for the dome light are there. Your wiring harness enters the trunk from behind the back seat and then runs towards the drivers side quarter panel at one point where it nears the quarter panel it turns towards the taillights. Near that point is where the wires for the dome light should branch off the harness. They would be an orange wire and a white wire. They run up the drivers side C pillar. So if you find the wires in that area I would say someone just disconnected them. Can't imagine why someone would request dome light delete when ordering the car brand new but some strange things were requested and honored back then.
Old Apr 16th, 12, 1:12 PM
Tech Team
Bob

Thanks Brad. I assumed it would have ran forward to the fuse block and now, with your help, makes sense why I didn't see the harness. I will check and see if I can see the connection in the trunk.

Gen Vi 450 hp 502

Old Apr 17th, 12, 2:54 AM
Tech Team
Bob

It was right where you thought it was. Someone took the dome light and cut the harness. Thanks for the help.

Gen Vi 450 hp 502

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > General Tech Area > Interiors      Current Topic: Dome Lamp Question, Don't laugh!!
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.