70 SS cloth seat covers - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Interiors Upholstery and soft trim

Old Feb 20th, 12, 8:19 PM

Default Re: 70 SS cloth seat covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffss View Post
Does anyone know where I can get cloth seat covers already made?Instead of just buying the material and then paying to have it sew together.
Actually you can come by and see me at the shop since you are in Ocala I can get them for you. Check out www.AutoInteriorProducts.com Our number is 352.732.4488 ask for Erik..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 12, 9:03 PM
Tech Team
jeff

Your telling me you have the original style cloth seat covers for seventy chevelles?
Old Feb 20th, 12, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffss View Post
Your telling me you have the original style cloth seat covers for seventy chevelles?
I can get them made with cloth inserts it is a $50 charge from the stock vinyl prices... http://www.autointeriorproducts.com/...at-upholstery/
Old Feb 21st, 12, 6:27 AM
Tech Team
jeff

I will call you,thanks
Old Feb 21st, 12, 10:39 AM
Senior Tech Team
Anakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Demonbreun View Post
I can get them made with cloth inserts it is a $50 charge from the stock vinyl prices... http://www.autointeriorproducts.com/...at-upholstery/
How much is a set of black cloth bench seat covers for a 1970 Chevelle. Black rivar cloth, just like original?
Old Feb 21st, 12, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdvdr41 View Post
How much is a set of black cloth bench seat covers for a 1970 Chevelle. Black rivar cloth, just like original?
This company doesn't make them in the original cloth but I will look in to it and see if there are any options...

-E
Old Feb 21st, 12, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdvdr41 View Post
Send me all the info and any pictures of this car and trim to sale@autointeriorproducts.com Thanks -E
Old Feb 23rd, 12, 9:02 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleM View Post
Have to agree with oman here, bucket seats for any 64-72 Chevelle was only done in vinyl (a.k.a. imitation leather or coated fabric) material, never in cloth.
dale, we are not looking factory original pcs, we are looking to add cloth inserts to aftermarket vinyl seat covers. Let me explain it this way, we are looking to take the cloth from the bench seat and incorporate into the bucket seat covers so that it looks like it came from the factory,we are all abundantly clear that this didn't come from the factory
Old Feb 23rd, 12, 11:10 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMike70 View Post
dale, we are not looking factory original pcs, we are looking to add cloth inserts to aftermarket vinyl seat covers. Let me explain it this way, we are looking to take the cloth from the bench seat and incorporate into the bucket seat covers so that it looks like it came from the factory,we are all abundantly clear that this didn't come from the factory
Take the seats to an upholstery shop. Tell them you want cloth inserts. Give them the material you want sewn in or buy it from them. They will give you a price for sewing. Then they rip the old centers out of the boxing and sew in new material. This really is a VERY simple thing to accomplish via a competent shop. It could be expensive because competent shops usually do high end work on high end cars and their rates reflect their customers ability to pay.

All you have to do is find a material you want. If your current boxing and what not (assuming you are using OEM seats) is shot it might be cheaper to buy seat covers from any of the usual vendors like POI or whom ever.*Drop the new covers off at a shop and say "I want this material sewn in where the original center pieces are now located". Building complete covers ( vinyl sides with cloth inserts) will be seriously expensive!!! Having them install the covers on the seat frames is just gonna make it more pricey so if you can do the install you are gonna be better off. On the other hand if the covers are sewn wrong from the get go and you do the install you are sorta up S___ts Creek as far as determining who did what wrong.

A good shop could have done this work in the time it took to do the typing on this thread.
Old Feb 24th, 12, 1:42 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman View Post
Take the seats to an upholstery shop. Tell them you want cloth inserts. Give them the material you want sewn in or buy it from them. They will give you a price for sewing. Then they rip the old centers out of the boxing and sew in new material. This really is a VERY simple thing to accomplish via a competent shop. It could be expensive because competent shops usually do high end work on high end cars and their rates reflect their customers ability to pay.

All you have to do is find a material you want. If your current boxing and what not (assuming you are using OEM seats) is shot it might be cheaper to buy seat covers from any of the usual vendors like POI or whom ever.*Drop the new covers off at a shop and say "I want this material sewn in where the original center pieces are now located". Building complete covers ( vinyl sides with cloth inserts) will be seriously expensive!!! Having them install the covers on the seat frames is just gonna make it more pricey so if you can do the install you are gonna be better off. On the other hand if the covers are sewn wrong from the get go and you do the install you are sorta up S___ts Creek as far as determining who did what wrong.

A good shop could have done this work in the time it took to do the typing on this thread.
thanks for the input but that is exactly what we were trying to avoid. I'm glad you are on on top of things though!
Old Feb 24th, 12, 2:35 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMike70 View Post
thanks for the input but that is exactly what we were trying to avoid. I'm glad you are on on top of things though!
There is a simple, though inconvenient, point that you should be on top of by now. People have been telling you that these cars did not come with cloth inserts. Shops that make covers for these cars make covers for restoration. Restoration implies putting the car back the way it was.

Now here comes the point to get on top of: Restoration houses who make these covers / cover sets don't make cloth inserts because the cars never came with cloth. People who are restoring the the cars are not gonna buy covers to "restore" the car to something it was not originally. Shops that make the covers in bulk are not gonna make cloth covers cause they won't sell the covers to anyone.

If you want cloth you simply gotta choke out what it costs for a shop to make what you want. Personally I like the cloth on my seats so I see your point. I had to look around a long time to find a shop that had what I wanted off the shelf. They had what I wanted "off the shelf" cause they found a large stash of OEM material and sewed it into GM seat cover patterns creating original cloth insert equipped covers for my car.

This is just one of those things that is the way it is. If you want it done in cloth any shop worth its salt can do it. If you want it from a restoration house you are not gonna get it unless you find a resto house willing to custom make what you want. In that case we are right back where we were { that being the fact that you want non original style covers} when I missed your point. We are right back to the fact that you want something that has to be custom made.
Old Feb 24th, 12, 10:34 PM
Tech Team
jeff

I have no idea what you guys are talking about,my 70 chevelle is being restored and it came with a cloth int.but not buckets, a bench seat.
Old Feb 28th, 12, 12:41 PM

......I can have any cloth material sewn into the inserts it would just be a small fee to sew them plus whatever the cost of the fabric is. If you are interested email me @ sales@autointeriorproducts.com Please do not message me here because I may not see it. Thanks -Erik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > General Tech Area > Interiors      Current Topic: 70 SS cloth seat covers
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.