Original carburetor worth?????? - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech join team chevelle as a supporting member  
Chevelle Parts at SS396.com      
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Chevelle

Auto Insurance

Chevelles.com is the premier Chevrolet Chevelle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
What's it worth? & ebay/online sales discussions

Old Jan 19th, 10, 8:18 PM
Tech Team
Brian

Default Original carburetor worth??????

I have the opportunity to buy an orig carb for my 68 ss.Its a quadrajet #7028210 EE.It needs to be rebuilt.Its all intact and all works.What should I offer the guy.What are they selling used for now .Please help because I have to get back to this guy.Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 10, 8:30 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dana

Default Re: Original carburetor worth??????

You might get better info if you post this question over in the What's it Worth? forum.

I can't answer what this particular carb is worth (probably at least a couple hundred dollars) but there is something to be said about having the correct carb for your car. And keep in mind they typically don't get cheaper as time goes on.
Old Jan 19th, 10, 8:33 PM
Tech Team

Send a message via AIM to fast67vellen2o

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Here are a few buy it nows on ebay

1967 Malibu
1967 Mustang GT Fastback
Old Jan 19th, 10, 11:28 PM
Team Member

Depends,bbc carbs go for more then sbc carbs.

When talking chevelle's 68 is a less desirleable yr in general then 69 & esp 70 .

I have seen core q-jets in good cond with all parts present but needing complete resto/rbld go for $600-800 and the go for over $1,200 in restored cond for L34-L35-LS5 BBC'S and then same basic type q-jet restored to same lvl for a SBC of same yr go for $350-$400.

In ebay's case it also depends on if more then 1 person is bidding on for ex a q-jet for a 70 chevelle 454 LS5 resto that need it for a correct #'s matching resto.

If its a q-jet your looking for i have 3 gm factory NEW/NOS q-jet's avail in original boxes that are correct factory service replacment q-jets for multiple sbc & bbc in 68 & 69 and would part with 1 of them for the right offer ,PM me if interested .

BTW,just an FYI if you find a core q-jet that it costs approx $325 to have a q-jet core that's complete & in good cond completely rblt/replated/and prim throttle shafts rebushed to look & wrk better then new @ SMI/Sean Murphy Induction.

Scott
1969 CHEVELLE SS396,ORIGINAL #'S MATCH,GOT IN 1978,(In 2001 rblt/bored original 396 .030 to 402)/M20/12BOLT/3:31'S
2006 YAMAHA 1700 ROADSTAR SILVERADO (1 owner ,GOT in 2009,4,700 miles/WK end fun)
1977 KAWASAKI KZ1000 (AM ORIGINAL OWNER ,GOT IN 1977,NOW has 29k miles/WK end fun)
2002 MAXIMA (DAILY DRIVER/1 owner,GOT 3/2013 w-44k miles)
Old Jan 20th, 10, 9:15 AM
Senior Tech Team
Greg

I bought one for my 68 SS 396/325 for $20 a year and a half ago.
"220...221 whatever it takes."

Registry for 68 13867 cars, total to date 169! Looking for more

http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/da...w_2007_019.jpg

http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/data/500/IMG_2694.JPG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevelle Tech > Information Exchange > What's it worth?      Current Topic: Original carburetor worth??????
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.