Team Chevelle banner

Custom seats

31K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  73z-6sp 
#1 ·
just curious, whats everyone got going on in their PT cars for seats? i want something a bit more classy style than say a sparco 4pt, but something that will still have a "hold you in place" feel, i kinda like the procar style like these but wondering if there are more options in this style post pics if have them or links to find please.

See less See more
#3 ·
im running corbeau seats, but ill have the harness holes filled in when the interior gets done.

not to hijack, but how about we include rear seats in the answer as well. i need some help in that category.... :thumbsup:

Tim

#5 ·
I went with 3rd gen Mazda RX7 seats I picked up for $100 for the set. I got lucky. They are light and have good "holding" power. I also like the seat belt holder strap. A bit skinny fitting in the car but no one but me notices. I had to redrill and fill-in new holes for the factory sliders and build some brackets. Overall easy mod.

I really really like the support of the e30 seats 2008fx4 has. Those are great seats.

#7 ·
I am running 06' Pontiac GTO seats front and back along with GTO seatbelts. Power seats and leather in a 4 door Chevelle. See picture in my signature for what they look like installed.

#10 ·
Do those Procar Rally seats mount low on the floor? Reason I as is because Im 6'2 and my head hits the ceiling in my car with my Procar lowbacks. Just looking for a little more headroom. Sorry if this is a hijack, but I thought it was close enough to your original question to ask here.

#11 ·
Look over at Lateral-g.net in the interior threads for one titled "new seats finally" He put some OE seats in his chevelle. They look GREAT and are DIRT cheap even in leather. You would never guess where thay come from. I have one fo the cars with those stock seats and can vouch for the comfort and "holding you in ability". I might have to steal them out of my wifes car for my project. If that day ever comes.

#13 ·
The local pull a part sells bucket seats for about 16 bucks each. Well worth getting some OE seats and having them recovered. Toyota Celica seats are great, Honda Prelude and Accord seats, Mitsubishi Lancer, or any of the import cars. All the same price. Take them to a local interior shop and have them rebuild the foams if needed. Most factory seats had an aftermarket option for leather skins, these shops know where to get them. Much cheaper than going with full leather custom covers. Suede inserts in a contrasting color look good too. The Hyundai Tiburon seats had a factory two tone option with leather outer, suede centers. Look to the national wrecking yards and have them do a search, they will drop ship to your door.
The other option is the late model GTO seats, you can get full power with heat, in leather for about 400 bucks for the front AND rear. With a few easy mods the rears can be used in your car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.