Team Chevelle banner

71 to 70 front clip swap

13K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  bconwayls1 
#1 ·
Hey fellas' I'm wondering what is involved in changing the front end from a 71 to a 70? do I have to get an intire front clip or can I just get some replacement parts? please help because the double head light looks so much better and I am going to do it and I want to know what i'm getting myself into. thanks

#2 ·
You will need the following: fenders, fender extensions, the small brackets for mounting the fender extensions, grille, core support, front engine harness, headlamp buckets, headlamp retainers, grille trim, grille emblem (SS). I may have missed something. Why not just buy my 1970 SS454 LS6 Recreation for $49.500?

#4 ·
i did it once using 71 fenders its a trial and error thing if you dont want to buy fenders but you will need radiator support there is some tab you have to get rid of to use the 71 fenders when you have the fender extensions youl be able to see what you will need to get rid of also the front bumper is different but the easiest thing is get 70 fenders radiator suppot all 4 headlight buckets front bumper and wirng harness for the 70 headlights grill you know the little nick nack stuff

#5 ·
I installed a 70 front clip on my 71 Wagon ( Click on the blue and look at my was a 71 now a 70 SS 454 Wgn )................ I did use the 71 inner fenders and drilled them for the 70 lights.....................
Bob ACES--AACA:thumbsup:

#10 ·
Can't help it if the 70 front end is much nicer than a 71-72....:D :yes: :beers:

Don't forget you have to change the interior, and the rear bumper as well... :eek: oh, and the steering wheel....and the dash harness...and $$$$$$$$$ :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.