Team Chevelle banner

Looking for 1964 Chevelle Side Moldings

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  MalibuSeaS 
#1 ·
i was wondering if anyone could help me locate a complete set of body side moldings for my 1964 Chevelle...i believe its a 300 because these moldings run directly down the middle of the fenders, doors, and quarter panels..any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks.

#4 ·
There was a poster/thread not too long ago, the team member made his own. I myself am missing 2 on the left side and 3 on the right side for my 64 4 door wagon ( takes 4 each side). Its either finding some originals (which is tough), making my own (or making something work), or filling the holes and eliminate them altogether. I saw a pair (not complete set) a few weeks ago on ebay. I have not even started on this wagon so not too concerned now but that gives me many years to look for some used ones -wish me luck.

#5 ·
Those side moldings were also used on the Malibu Sport Coupe in '64. Very hard to find in decent shape.

#6 ·
If your Chevelle is a "post" model then it is a 300, if it is a hardtop then it is a Sport Coupe. Personally, I prefer the looks of the Sport Coupe over the SS model as the side molding kind of breaks up the mass of the side of the body.

#8 ·
Darn near impossible to find. I bought 50 bucks worth of aluminum alloy bar stock, and machined my own with a 30 year old craftsman router table and a HF speed controller.

Attached them with 3M trim tape. They turned out nice and they cover up those damn holes!

Jerry:beers:

#13 ·
Thanks, fellas. Those bends were hard to do, but I just eyeballed them and bent them by hand. It was trial and error, bending little at a time. That alloy is pretty soft, so you don't have to be Charles Atlas, but it wouldn't hurt I suppose.

Jerry:beers:

#14 ·
Funny!! Some of these young bucks on here are probably wondering who the hell Charles Atlas is. You're giving your age away! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.