Team Chevelle banner

Original carburetor worth??????

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ss1970chev454 
#1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy an orig carb for my 68 ss.Its a quadrajet #7028210 EE.It needs to be rebuilt.Its all intact and all works.What should I offer the guy.What are they selling used for now .Please help because I have to get back to this guy.Thanks

#2 ·
You might get better info if you post this question over in the What's it Worth? forum.

I can't answer what this particular carb is worth (probably at least a couple hundred dollars) but there is something to be said about having the correct carb for your car. And keep in mind they typically don't get cheaper as time goes on.

#4 ·
Depends,bbc carbs go for more then sbc carbs.

When talking chevelle's 68 is a less desirleable yr in general then 69 & esp 70 .

I have seen core q-jets in good cond with all parts present but needing complete resto/rbld go for $600-800 and the go for over $1,200 in restored cond for L34-L35-LS5 BBC'S and then same basic type q-jet restored to same lvl for a SBC of same yr go for $350-$400.

In ebay's case it also depends on if more then 1 person is bidding on for ex a q-jet for a 70 chevelle 454 LS5 resto that need it for a correct #'s matching resto.

If its a q-jet your looking for i have 3 gm factory NEW/NOS q-jet's avail in original boxes that are correct factory service replacment q-jets for multiple sbc & bbc in 68 & 69 and would part with 1 of them for the right offer ,PM me if interested .

BTW,just an FYI if you find a core q-jet that it costs approx $325 to have a q-jet core that's complete & in good cond completely rblt/replated/and prim throttle shafts rebushed to look & wrk better then new @ SMI/Sean Murphy Induction.

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.