Team Chevelle banner

Adam Yauch-Beastie Boys Dead at 47

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Blownchevelle68 
#1 ·
#2 ·
So bummed about about reading that Rapper MCA has passed. I grew up with the Beastie Boys. Im in my office with a tribute to MCA happening and a couple of my younger employees looked at me like I m a freak!! And then I had a couple of them say Im cool because I know the Beastie Boys, I said I more than know the beastie Boys, everything they have ever done is on that computer!!

Jeff

#4 ·
Im bummed out too. They were one of my top 5 all time favorites. They played all thier own insturments and proved a good band could play all types of music and still sound fantastic. The Beastie Boys were one of the last groups on my list since the 1980's that I really wanted to see in concert. RIP, Adam.:(

#5 ·
Thats is sad,not only dying that young but battling cancer for 3 years had to have been hard.Never a big fan of theirs but I liked some of their music.What song was it that started with what sounded like SCooby Doo going "ry rove ru" and then the music starts?

#6 ·
I kept seeing Adam Yauch on the "trending" list on Yahoo..I thought the Beasties were up to putting out a new album. I was shocked to see he had passed away...Paul's Boutique is an absolute masterpiece that will never be equaled in the rap world for a variety of reasons. I never knew he was sick, I don't remember reading anything about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.