Team Chevelle banner

4 inch cowl hood

22K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  kboorman 
#1 ·
tHINKING OF GETTING A 4'' COWL. .. ANY PICS AND WHAT DO YOU THINK ON THE LOOKS ON A 66 CHEVELLE, THANX

#6 ·
#10 ·
Here's my 67 with a 3.5 inch Harwood cowl that I glassed on, I don't think it's too much as far as cowl hoods go...

My goal is to end up with a flat hood someday, but I'd have to go EFI to do so. It will end up being $3,500 to get a flat stock hood to fit....

#11 ·
I have the 4" on my 67 442....I think it looks too big, and definitely takes away from the "sleeper" factor. I am trying to find a way to lower the carb to fit a 2".

I tend to like more subtle stuff on the car, but the chevy motor sits higher in the Cutlass than a Chevelle.

By the way, the John Wilson's 67 made me drool.!!

Bob

#16 ·
I like em both...adds a little muscle to the overall look IMO! 2 or 4...personal if ya ask me, I guess ya go loud with the 4 & subtle with the 2! I went with the 2 on my 64, pretty subtle but adds to the muscle look! I know it's not a 66 or 67 but you get the idea.

Attachments

#17 ·
I think that if you go 4" ya better be able to back it up power wise. As far as Rowdy being reserved with a darker color and a 2" hood. NFW!!!!!!l:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.