Team Chevelle banner

1 1/4 Inch Front Sway Bar ??????

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Brob 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,, I am hoping someone out here might be able to help me id this sway bar, I purchased from our classified ads, but did not ask enough questions my bad...anyway I matched it up to my stock chevelle sway bar and it appears to match up,, maybe a tad longer, but I have failed trying to get bushings for this big boy, my research says the largest mine should be is 1 inch.. this bar barely fits in the brackets, so if anyoone has a clue what this might be out of so I can sell it with the proper info

Thanks

#2 ·
It's most likely a 2nd gen Trans Am bar, which bolts right on a Chevelle. :)

You'd probably have the best luck getting poly bushings for it from PST or Energy Suspension.

#3 ·
Thanks for the quick response, its sounds like you have experanced this before as far as the bushings go will they fit into the stock mount ? it only looks like there might be a 1/16 of an inch on each side available or do i need a bushing and bracket... are the links the same ?
Thanks

#4 ·
I'm running a 1-3/8" Hotchkis. I think there are all sizes available now, just with different brackets and bushings as you said. I think the end links are pretty much the same.

#5 ·
#7 ·
Another option is to get the bushings and frame brackets for 78 or 79 Trans Am from a pontiac or GM parts dealer.Thats the way I did it.I picked a year that had the same size bar as mine, called and ordered them.2 brackets and 2 bushings came to less than $20.

#8 ·
As I remember there are two larger sizes 1 1/8 & 1 1/4" The 1 1/8 is recommended for street use. I wont be able to check until next wensday, I may have a set of polly bushings from energy suspension Let me know if you have
1 ¼ bar you can have them for the price of postage

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.