Team Chevelle banner

anyone using a tanks inc. tank and pump for efi conversion?

14K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  leftcoaster 
#1 ·
They say they add baffles into their tanks and the sending units have a fuel tray built into them to keep fuel at the pump. When you look at their prices too its hard to ignore them when something like a ricks tank is around a grand more.

Does anyone have experience in dealing with these guys and their products? That grand saved in the tank alone makes the conversion a lot less painful.

#3 ·
It appears you are talking about an entirely new fuel tank made by them. I wasn't aware they made such a thing for Chevelles thats really cool. I am using one of their drop in in-tank pump kits. It has worked well so far even when running the tank below 1/4 full. My only complaint is it seems the cork gasket that comes with the kit leaks when the fuel sloshes around on a full tank.

Edit: Looked around on their site and I see their new Fuel Injection offerings for first gen f-bodies but nothing for chevelles yet. Hopefully they will have something soon.

#5 ·
#6 ·
Ive used the PA series model on my chevelle and have had good luck with it so far. I also used a gas resistant epoxy too for the cork gasket as some guy have complained of it leaking when full. Im all good so far. (knock on wood)!

#7 ·
I bought their setup for my 66 el camino and added venting at both corners. Everything works fine except that damn cork gasket. If I was to do it over again I think I would also weld in studs instead of the self threading screws that came with the kit as I think that is more of the problem then the cork.

#9 ·
I have a FAST XFI/EFI system going on the motor in my 70 here soon which needs a fuel pump still.
I'm looking very seriously at their baffled/ready to go tank with the internal Walboro-255 pump. Just working out some math for the fuel supply/demand for my motor to see if it's going to be the right combo, then I'm going to order I think!

#13 ·
See my thread here, http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443786

Yes, I have one. It looks like a good piece. Fits just like a stock tank. Filler neck has a rubber coupling to the tank which makes it feel a little loose when putting gas in it, but no leaks so far. However, I've only driven it less than a mile with the new tank for other reasons not related to the tank.

-Dave

#14 ·
I put one in about a month ago. Tanks, Inc. TM34B-T, Tanks Inc sending unit, Tanks Inc pick up, Walbro 255 external pump. Works great, fits like an original tank, Fills easily. I have run three tanks through and have had no problems. Though I already had because of the previous tank I was running, I don't think you need to cut a hatch in the trunk to make it fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.