Team Chevelle banner

"Zeus" intake manifolds??????????

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Two Lane 
#1 ·
Trying to figure out just what intake manifold my Elco motor (454 rectangular port Gen5) has on it. The only markings are a "Zeus" casting on it right in front of the carb.
I did find one for sale in EBay archives and it stated it was a high rise alum. intake that was used for LS6 motors. Sort of cross referenced to GM 3933163 as far as I could determine
Any gurus to set me straight, it's staying put so no bad news please:cool:
NSF

#5 ·
Zeus, Is an Alum. foundry in Latrobe,Pa. The valve covers on G.M. engines, The ones that spell out Chevrolet in big letters=Zeus NASCAR (Mopar) Alum. heads=ZEUS, Special Alum. engine parts Roush,Yates,R.C.R.=ZEUS.
Alum. Blocks--- Chevy,Ford= I believe ZEUS moved to the Mid-West recently Could be a connection between the Zeus, and the foundry Zeus??
Bob

#6 ·
Zeus, Is an Alum. foundry in Latrobe,Pa. The valve covers on G.M. engines, The ones that spell out Chevrolet in big letters=Zeus NASCAR (Mopar) Alum. heads=ZEUS, Special Alum. engine parts Roush,Yates,R.C.R.=ZEUS.
Alum. Blocks--- Chevy,Ford= I believe ZEUS moved to the Mid-West recently
Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.