Team Chevelle banner

Internal or External Voltage Regulator 67 Chevelle

7K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Dean 
#1 ·
How do I tell if my voltage regulator is internal to the alternator or external? If External... where do I find it on a 67 Chevelle SS 396?

#2 ·
Look under the windshield bottle at the radiator support. Should be under there. If not there the wire harness plug should be there. It could have been converted to 1 wire internal. It originally had the external voltage regulator.

#3 ·
Look under the windshield bottle at the radiator support. Should be under there. If not there the wire harness plug should be there. It could have been converted to 1 wire internal.

#5 ·
Super, the external voltage regulator was right where you said -- behind the windshield wiper fluid bottle. Thank you elcamino66.

Undee70SS, based on your pics my alternator is also internally regulated as the connector (two prong verticle) plugs in from the back not the side? I have a pic if I can figure out how to post it?? So, does that mean I'm running two regulators? If so what does that do to my electrical system (which by the way has shorted out).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.