Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Question about the Holley 3310 Carb?

60K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Hollow65 
#1 ·
I am interested in purchasing a Holley 3310C carb (new or used). I have noticed there are more than a few versions of the carb. From 3310-1 up to 3310-11. Can anyone tell me the differences between one version and the next? If I were to buy a used one which version is the best to have and what are the risks? :confused:
Thanks

#2 ·
The R-3310-1AAS is a model 4160 carb. The R-3310-2AAS is a model 4150 carb. In my 1976 catalog the 3310-1 and -2 are both listed at 780 cfm, while in the 1989 catalog the 3310-2 is listed at 750 cfm, as well as the 3310-3.

#3 ·
the 3310 and 3310-1 are a 780 cfm carb ,these have dropleg boosters ! the others -2 and up have straight leg boosters . I PERSONALLY prefer the drop legs ,they tend to respond a bit better and are generally easier to tune . i seem to always get a lean bog out of the straight boosters. if you are good with holleys then you cantgo wrong with the 3310,or -1 . Most of the older carbs have beat up baseplates ,so be careful when buying . also the 3310 and -1 have rear metering blocks (4150) the newer -2 and up have plates (4160) . so the old carbs take the cake hands down !

#6 ·
I will make my 4150 3310-2 into a 4160 with rear metering block.
The problem with the 4150 series is that to change the rear jetting you must dig into the carb and change the plate....stock size is 75 (or there about). People with very healthy SBCs or nice street 454s like 84 or 86 secondary jetting.

Just educate yourself in Holleys before using the 'previously-owned' market.
Lots of people get into the carbs that should not be working on these things....

#7 ·
4160 has the metering plate...4150 has a metering block..not the other way around :)

Lots of people get into the carbs that should not be working on these things....
:yup: The swap meet carbs I have bought over the years had some strange combos of jetting and powervalves...I wouldn't even considering trying them...recently I found a 850 double pumper for a friend recently...had 68 primary jets,72 secondary,3.5 powervalve in the front and the rear metering block was on backwards! Carb was nice and clean,almost like it came out of the box..nice score for $75!! Bought a $30 rebuild kit and put the stock jets/powervalves back in it...works mint

#8 ·
#15 ·
I have a 70 Chevelle with a factory 12 bolt, 410 gears, M-21 tranny and a 350 engine. I'm building the engine to a factory LT-1 specs and want to put the original 3310 carb on. I don't know if I should go with one of the first versions (used) or to just buy a new one. I'm all for whichever one works better. Any thoughts?
Thanks

#16 ·
if you don't care about originality buy a new Street Avenger 670. You can buy a new 3310-whatever but it will have a secondary metering plate instead of a metering block and a manual choke.

#17 ·
I think you can still buy a new old-style 3310 from Holley. Essentially they're reproducing the old performance carbs. I haven't bought one of those but I understand they're not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.