Team Chevelle banner

1968 Nickey Chevelle

7K views 32 replies 30 participants last post by  VMXRACER 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Groovy Man!

I like that, (Day 2 Survivor) :)

Can't figure out what Nickey has to do with it, but you have to admire the originality of the custom from that era. Dig the Fuel lines man.

But....What was cool back in the day though isn't neccesarily cool now.

Even though an original day 2 concept is cool, I don't think it'll pull top money.

#3 ·
Hopefully that wasnt a real Nickey and the emblem is just added on. Otherwise it's definitely got the 70's flair.

#6 ·
Yep :)

Typical Day (2) modifications after purchasing new in 69 or 70, was slap on some Cragers or Keystones, Jack up the rear end with Spring lifts, and slap on some Headers.

This one is a Day (2) Survivor with some extra big bucks thrown at it and an additional 6 months for paint and Custom Button Tuffed leather :)

So...... maybe Day (2) + 6 months. :)

#9 ·
At first it made me want to vomit while laughing but if the docs to verify when it was customized are avail I like it a little more. and it could be worse I used to own a 76 vette that had won the LA car show in 76 - heavy metal flake purple, huge whale tail, skirts and nose job with gold spokes and white interior, I didn't see the sign that said "you puke on it you buy it" so sue me LOL but not a lot of 70's bad customs left untouched , can u dig it!!

#10 ·
Car looks great for what it is. I would have loved to have had that car back in the early 80"s but 25 yrs later, not so much.

#21 ·
There is no way it could have scored 961 points at Vettefest!..-40 points for a CE block..that leaves only 1 other point deduction..ask me how I know!!..cool car none the less

#17 ·
I remember a guy bringing his brand new 67 vette 427 to my Dad to have a diamond tufted headliner put in. My dad did lots of show car interiors back then, many diamond tufted, many rolled and pleated. Us kids would sit there all night long making the buttons for him, we thought it was fun lol

#23 ·
All is well if it's got Grand Funk Railroad in the 8-track player.

Headers running into Thrush Outsiders would be pretty loud.

I remember the days of custom painting including lace paint, cobwebbing, 1-shot metalflake, 30 coats of hand rubbed laquer (when it was durable), pinstriping, highlighting... (you should have seen my grade 2 teacher's winter beater...)

The funny thing is that I do remember cars running around like that 30+ years ago; in fact there was a '71 Malibu with Doug Thorley Showtubes (4-into-1 dumps), big & little Cragars plus other minor go-fast stuff under the hood when I was in high school (it also had a 23-channel CB, this was around '77)

To drive that thing around you need to have long hair, sideburns, bell bottoms, wide lappels, and funky platform soles. Peace out, man.

One thing though, I still don't get the Nickey connection. When the seller was asked directly about it, he gave the answer to another question altogether.

You know, I'm getting the urge to paint my Chevelle tangerine metalflake and put fake fur on the dash. Naaa....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.