Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

70 chevelle convertible ss 396

7K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  AmericanMuscle 
#1 · (Edited)
what is it worth, 92,000 miles ,been parked since 1978, forest green with a black top,black bench seat 396 auto needs total resto, I have all the paper work to prove this is the real deal a true ss. It is a 1 owner car ordered the car from the dealer

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds interesting. You really need to post some pic's with the doc's to get a true WIW.

#3 · (Edited)
what is it worth
$6,000

The car will have to have a full restoration.
It takes a lot to bring a car like this back to life.
At a minimum, Gas tank flush which requires dropping the tank, fuel lines, fuel pump, carb rebuild, all filters, vac hoses, radiator hoses, heater hoses, belts, antifreeze, oil oil filter, brake lines, wheels cylinders, master cylinder, brake fluid, wiper refills, lube on all hinges, etc etc.

Not to mention possibly regasketing the entire engine and transmission.
The rear main seal, timing cover seal and valve cover gaskets will probably all leak.

It will need mufflers, radiator, battery, tires etc.

Why are the SS emblems missing from the fenders?

#30 ·
Neat car John, you seem to always find some interesting ones. :thumbsup:

l:) l:) l:) aaaaaaaahhhhhh hahahahaha l:)

#10 ·
#6 ·
Hi, I bought mine for 6,500 and was nothing but a VIN tag. I had to replace every piece of sheet metal with NOS stuff. But a original SS396 matching numbers with A/C with build sheet. That car looks better than mine i would say 10,000 if you have the paper work original drivetrain.That's my 2-cents.Ray

#9 ·
I would'nt take a penny less than 14K.

#17 ·
The only reason it is black now is after two years he wanted it black so he painted it, and he wishes he would have ordered it black. This car has never been wrecked. all the papers, protecto plate, window sticker, he say's he might even have the canceled check for the car I do not think in anyway this car is butchered

#18 ·
Are you looking to buy or helping the seller? If you are helping the seller, don't give it away.

#23 ·
Just for a point of reference do you mind tell what it sold for?

#26 ·
$6k for a numbers matching 70 SS 1-owner convertible? You would be lucky to touch a non-numbers Malibu in equal condition for that. Speaking in generalities, a 70 convertible is by far the most desirable, valuable, and appealing Chevelle ever made in the eyes of most people.

As far as selling it for $20k, I believe your friend got very lucky with that one. Congrats on getting that number, your friend should be thanking you for your help.:beers:

#27 ·
$6k for a numbers matching 70 SS 1-owner convertible? You would be lucky to touch a non-numbers Malibu in equal condition for that. Speaking in generalities, a 70 convertible is by far the most desirable, valuable, and appealing Chevelle ever made in the eyes of most people.

As far as selling it for $20k, I believe your friend got very lucky with that one. Congrats on getting that number, your friend should be thanking you for your help.:beers:
Thanks for the input, he his very happy with the sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.