Team Chevelle banner

Turn & Burn TV show

16K views 39 replies 28 participants last post by  bdbaggr 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anybody else watched this show?

It was on tonight. 1st and last time I watch that one.
Do the networks have a bet going with each other to see who can put the worst show on the air and sucker people into watching them?
The guys on the show are idiots. The bald dude with the beard must be a legend in his own mind, he's got to be the only one that thinks he's cool.
He's happy with $1150 profit on a piece of crap Riviera. Without counting labor costs and auction fees, he probably lost money but is too stupid to do the math.
Wow-Horrible. Anybody else have a comment on the show?

#2 ·
it seems like an impossible task, but i think they found someone stupider than those Ass Monkey Garage guys to follow around with a camera..

#7 ·
Didn't he say he was from South Carolina or something? Why does he sound like 1/3 Cajun, 1/3 Homie and 1/3 *******?

Worst - show - ever!

There's no way in hell any person, regardless of brains or lack thereof would buy that semi rare Pontiac (where are you going to get parts on short notice?) not been driven in many years, have no idea if the drive train isn't toasted, not even gone through to look at electrical, brakes, etc....and decide that it needs to be "auction ready" in 4 days....while working on other projects. I couldn't even finish the show to see the embarrassment of a car they ended up with. will never watch again.

#8 ·
I've seen two programs advertised called Porter Ridge and Pickle on Discovery Channel that look like they can compete with Honey Boo Boo for the dumbest stuff on TV award. Makes me glad for MeTV and 50 year old Perry Mason re-runs. They just started airing the Untouchables too.

#9 ·
Turn and burn is hands down the worst piece of crap on the television these days. Absolute crap. That bald headed moron must think he is Waylon Jennings being the balladeer on The Dukes of Hazzard. It sounds like he is trying to do a piss poor imitation of him anyways.

What garbage. I hope the idiot that thought that show could make it gets fired.

Jeff

#11 ·
Based on all the comments about how stupid the show is I'm going to have to find it & watch it. Having been forced to watch "Sharknado", I have pretty high (or is it low) standards on what stupid TV is...:D

#12 ·
Man, believe me....I have LOW standards in what I am willing to watch especially when it comes to things of interest like cars, but this show is crap.
They look like they do crappy work to flip POS cars. Every person on the show is unlikable but the main guy is the worst. It's everything that is bad about "reality TV."

Looks scripted
Unrealistic
Phony drama
People trying too hard to be a "character"
Phony accent

#14 ·
I take it from all your comments that you might actually like the a$$ running the show on Fantom Works?
Haven't seen it, never heard of it. :noway:

#24 ·
I stand corrected...."Brother JD" is originally from southern Maryland per the Discovery Channel Website. I think the person who said he sounds like a preacher hit the nail on the head. The cadence of his speech along with the accent sounds is annoying as heck. I'm sure he was trying to seem like a "character' but it seems very fake.

I haven't hated a program this much in a long time. Usually I'm just indifferent.

I think that GasMonkey turns out cars at times that are (barely) polished turds too. They also do some nicer stuff. I watch because they are just more likable. Your opinion may vary. I thought the Dale Jr Nomad was pretty nice. When they got the car, I was sure they were just going to do a scuff and shoot, but it was stripped to bare metal. Color was a bit putrid but it otherwise a nice, tasteful car.

#25 ·
I like the Gas Monkey guys. Like others said, they don't take themselves seriously.

The Dale Earnhardt Jr. Nomad was nice.

It's just entertainment, not technical.

I like Fantomworks too. They turn out some nice cars and the owner is particular about doing things right. Yes, there's scripted drama in these shows. Gotta' take the good with the bad.

#29 ·
I like the Gas Monkey guys. Like others said, they don't take themselves seriously.

The Dale Earnhardt Jr. Nomad was nice.

It's just entertainment, not technical.

I like Fantomworks too. They turn out some nice cars and the owner is particular about doing things right. Yes, there's scripted drama in these shows. Gotta' take the good with the bad.
Yeah it was nice for a daily driver :rolleyes: they put it together with the bare metal surface rusted interior floor and some everyday type parts. There's a hundred people on TC here who could do a better job for $75K.Also,certainly Dale jr. could afford a better engine than a crate SBC.I've seen write ups on two of his Camaro's he definately had no say so in this build.
AND...fantomworks what a ripoff,they charged a soldier stationed in Afganistan $99,000. for a 63 Impala convertable rebuild.That guy could have bought 2 or maybe 3 impala's for that kind of money.Way to support our troops there buddy, :mad: I can't stand the way this guy just spits out high numbers for a build-up.I know resto work is expensive but it should be sound financially for the customer also.Every car they do is overpriced.
IMO they are using those kind of prices to give these reality show's more unreality like appeal.

#26 ·
I saw the Gas Monkey guys in Reno a few weeks back. They seemed like good guys, didn't snub anyone, talked to people, took pics etc. I saw both of them at the hotel later and Richard jumped out of a Shelby, jumped off the ground a couple inches and pulled his pants up about 5 inches. He would fit in just fine around here.

#28 ·
First I have ever heard of it. These shows need to take hint from old shows like Rides and some of those biker buildoff type shows. Very little drama geared towards an audience that could give a sh(t less about that crap and is tuned in to see the story about the vehicle(s) in question and how they are built.

These networks are trying way to hard to come up with some sort of gearhead type show with relying heavily on the drama way too much.

The only show right now im holding out for is Gearz. Stacy is supposed to be announcing the new network they made a deal with on the show and it sounds like it may be making it to basic cable.

#30 ·
tough crowd! i guess im the only guy here that started buying cheap cars in the 70's and throwin a few hundred bucks into them and turnin them around... the high dollar build shows are nice but way over produced and unreachable by those of us out here with real jobs. i like most all the shows, fast and loud and overhaulin are entertaining,even car fix and all girls garage are better than most stuff on the air today. but after having a hard time at first with turn and burn i got hooked... a guy that owns a shop thats a couple weeks from bankruptcy im more inclined to relate to than chasing classic cars or wheeler dealers. i guess it depends on how and when and where you were raised. plus brother jd cracks me up. and im a california hillbilly...

#33 ·
Is Turn and Burn still on... I haven't seen it in about 2 months. Seemed like a cool show....I like it a lot better than Chip Foose and the goody goody 2 shoes gang..

#34 ·
I think people can relate to turn and burn because its low end car flipping ,some people seem to forget that not everyone is so rich they can have anyone,do anything,for a lot of money,sorry, that gets old-chip foose makes one more stupid looking wheel im gonna puke...

I guess everything has to be high end to be worth giving credit to....
these guys do what they love,make a little cash,and keep a shop going

for you haters,let me ask this,wheres your tv show????

thought so....

bobh

#35 ·
I couldn't think of who the guy that stars in Turn and Burn sounds like.He sure sounded familiar. I was watching the old movie "Cool Hand Luke" and realized he talks and sounds just like George Kennedys character Dragline.
The show is more realistic than Fast n Loud. People all just show up on that show with 30 to 80 grand to buy anything Gas Monkey comes up with. 5 grand for a Yugo? Really?

#36 ·
So, you run a little shop, just scratching out a living......Discovery comes along. We'll film ya, make you rich(or at least better off), and all you gotta do is get the audience.
I'll take the Ass Monkey Boys over that slow, boring to the bone, sponsor selling Hot Rod TV anytime.

#40 ·
funny thing, i shot el reys garage an email and jd responded to me that day with a lengthy semi personel note regarding discovery channell and what turn and burn was up to. their ratings were actually pretty high and he was thinking they might get picked up either way, hes a good dude and i wish him well. he actually linked me on his facebook page so i can see whats going on at el reys garage. i never begrudge a car guy with the balls to make an honest living.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.