Team Chevelle banner

TH400 fittings for braided AN cooler lines??

6K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  forcd ind 
#1 ·
I have a TH400 that I want to get AN fittings for, so I can use braided line. I did a search but I am still a little fuzzy.

I bought fittings from ATI that were advertised as the ones I need, well, they don't fit my trans. They look like NPT on one end and 6 AN on the other. They don't thread into my TH400.

Guys here post that they are buying "inverted flare to AN" fittings but I don't know what size inverted flare is on the TH400 or where to buy them.

Does anyone know what the fitting size is on the TH400 or where I can get these conversion fittings?

Thanks
Jim

#9 ·
I agree with Bob I believe that you remove the trans fitting and install the adapter directly into the trans case, the white part appears to be a seal. I would try carefully removing the line adapter from the tranny and see if it threads into the case, I think you will find this to be the correct way to install it.

#11 ·
You have to remove the tubing fittings from the trans, then the 1/4 NPT will screw right in.

#13 ·
the threads in the case are not npt, but a straight thread, called 1/4 something else-the easy way out is to keep the brass adapters, and use flare to #6 adapters, as used on carbs and power steering-do a search, this has been repeated many times, i have even supplied part #'s

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.