Team Chevelle banner

67 Chevelle SS/396 grill emblem

10K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  CCARCCRAZY 
#1 ·
I have what I think is an original 1967 SS/396 grill emblem that was on my car when I bought it. It was in good shape so I gave it some new paint and when I bolted it up to the grill it kind of sticks out from the grill about 1/2 of an inch? Is this correct. The backing bracket looks like the one I see in the catalogs with the reproduction emblem. Does the SS emblem itself have 2 square pieces with studs attached that rest up against the grill? It just don't look correct to me and it is hard to look at pictures on the internet. I even tried to search on the site for a picture of an emblem but had no luck.

Jason

#3 ·
The bottom of the emblem should stick out more. There is a bracket behind the SS emblem but I don't remember exactly what it looks like. It causes the bottom to stick out more and the emblem to me more plumb.
I will look at mine when I get home and let you know if someone else has not.

#5 ·
The top of the emblem lays almost against the grille. The bottom sticks out. Looking at it from the side the emblem should be verticle. Here's a pic: http://www.itsawarzone.com/gallery/v/Shaner/cars/67_chevelle/101_1038.JPG.html

The top of the two square sections of the bracket on the back of the emblem go into the wide opening in the center of the grille, and slide up against the thin grille bar right above the center opening in the grille. The other bracket (if installed correctly) will fit into the back side of the grille bars sort of like a puzzle piece. I'll try to get you a good pic from the backside of a grille tomorrow.

#7 ·
THis is the emblem that was on my original grill? It just don't look correct

The backing plate looks the same as the aftermarket one I seen?

It just looks like it is sticking to far out off the grill?

Let me know if this is the original one please or what year it might be.
Jason

#12 ·
good pic Bill, but you have the inside bracket upside down too!:D

Below is a pic of the correct installation. The pic is sideways and I don't know how to rotate it. Pic is taken from the driver's side (top of the emblem is to the left of the picture, bottom is to the right) -

Attachments

Reactions: Cal Malibu
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.